Airlander 10: Maiden flight at last for longest aircraft

Started by Rheged, August 17, 2016, 02:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

jcf

Calling it the 'maiden flight' gets it wrong from the get go as the thing first flew in 2012.

zenrat

You'd think they'd point out the Cardington Sheds are long enough to get two of these in nose to tail as its a midget compared to the R100 and R101.

BTW, be carefull googling R100 as if you don't add AIRSHIP you get links to a rather "interesting" Japanese film.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 17, 2016, 04:32:37 PM
Calling it the 'maiden flight' gets it wrong from the get go as the thing first flew in 2012.

That peeved me a bit when I read it this morning
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

BTW I posted a link to the Telegraph's article in the "seen over your house" thread before I saw this
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I don't care WHEN it first flew, it looks positively AWESOME!   :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 18, 2016, 08:18:05 AM
I don't care WHEN it first flew, it looks positively AWESOME!   :thumbsup: :bow:

I agree, but will it look better with longer wings?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on August 18, 2016, 08:39:26 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 18, 2016, 08:18:05 AM

I agree, but will it look better with longer wings?

Undoubtedly, but they rejected my offers of assistance in that area........  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

It's had a small accident, or a "little crash" to quote the BBC lunchtime news. Landed on it's nose rather hard apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Slv6E5ntQ

Mossie

The cockpit is pretty badly mashed, fortunately all the crew are safe.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-37174417

Slow, but with 20 tonnes behind the crash it was lucky that no-one was badly hurt.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

Very cool. Too bad she's smashed up already tho, not good. It sure would be neat to see one go flying over !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Looked like a lack of pitch control there, which is odd as the vectored thrust engines are supposed to control exactly that.

I hope they can mend it quickly.

Regards
Kit