1/72nd scale MIG-21 bits.

Started by chrisonord, April 04, 2016, 04:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

I have been going through my damaged built models, and quite a few have parts missing, some I can't replicate. I thought I still had some "dead" matchbox ones I built as a kid, but they are not in my bits boxes. I am in need of landing gears, front and rear. Landing gear doors, front and rear. The builds are matchbox and Airfix ones, they are not the best kits in the world, but I want to put them back in one piece. Any bits from any manufacturer would be gratefully received, and I am happy to pay postage, and if I have any bits you may be after, I could swap them.I also have loads of other stuff with bits missing  :banghead:
Cheers
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

zenrat

Spooky.  I was just sorting out some 21 bits.
I have the main legs, wheels and outer main gear doors from a KP MiG 21 MF.
PM me your address and they're yours.
No need for anything in return, just pay it forward.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

I should have a spare set of Airfix MiG-21 undercarriage plus doors because I known I've used the wings off one and NOT used those components. PM me.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

I was going to look and then it occurred to me that I don't think I've ever built a 72nd scale Mig 21 ! better change that  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

chrisonord

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 05, 2016, 04:32:19 AM
I was going to look and then it occurred to me that I don't think I've ever built a 72nd scale Mig 21 ! better change that  :thumbsup:
It is a modelling must C.C. ;)  :lol:
Thanks for the offers fellas, P.M's inbound.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

zenrat

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 05, 2016, 04:32:19 AM
I was going to look and then it occurred to me that I don't think I've ever built a 72nd scale Mig 21 ! better change that  :thumbsup:

There are many kits of the 21.
The Revell is by all accounts the best early version.  I haven't built one and don't have one.
The Airfix (again an early version) is what you'd expect given its age.  Its legs are flimsy.  Raised detail.
The KP (later version) isn't as bad as you'd expect but canopy fit is poor.  Raised detail.
The ZTS Plastyk and Bilek (later versions) kits have engraved detail.  I haven't built them yet but they look to be better than the KP.
There is also the Matchbox (later version) kit.  I haven't built one and don't have one.
And of course there are many many more.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..