Chance-Vought 1600

Started by leptiprince, January 13, 2016, 09:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leptiprince

After leaving the Argentine Navy model for the Chance-Vougth 1601 http://www.figthingfalcon.eu/ltv.f16.html

Here is the Chance_Vougt 1600 The US Navy-

sandiego89

Great aircraft.  I think the "yellow shirt" catapult hook up crews would have feared working around that intake... :o
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Martin H

I doubt no more so than they did around the Crusader and Corsair II intakes, considering their proximity to the nose gear.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

sandiego89

Quote from: Martin H on January 13, 2016, 03:18:34 PM
I doubt no more so than they did around the Crusader and Corsair II intakes, considering their proximity to the nose gear.

I say these F-16 versions would be more feared than the F-8 or A-7.   The F-8 used bridle strops for launching, and the hookup points were farther back on the belly, but her intake was indeed feared.  The A-7 was also feared and used nose gear hook up.  This nose gear is closer to the intake than the A-7.   Still some great models.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

leptiprince

Yes
Yes the hook is too I will shorten it. See the pictures. The A7 seems more greedy with his mouth ... What the 1600

Dizzyfugu

Just a detail concerning the navalized F-16: these machine were not supposed to carry launch rails on the wing tips like its land-based counterpart, rather classic pylons under the wing tips for single Sidewinders (as depicted in the upper view). Yes, it's whifworld, so it does not matter much, but IMHO one of the things that outwardly set the 1600 apart from its dry sister.

leptiprince

Tophe

I did not know this. Thanks for having revealed it, and illustrated it. :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

Love it. Great job on that one love the naval idea.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?