Proton Cannon - FINISHED !

Started by Austanker, December 26, 2015, 03:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austanker

Inspired by the large weapons in Star Wars on the Death Star and various craft and a good way to get rid of that left over Morser " Loki " Gerat mortar
I have begun work on this last night assisted by Dr J Daniels
I will be using 2 Imperial gunners from a 1/48 AT-AS kit and I have an idea for a base which involves buying a mud cake from Woolies

Austanker

Update gunners station added and primer coat on

Weaver

Yep, that's got Star Wars written all over it: nice one!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Austanker

What do you know I go to Kmart and they don't have the style of cake container I have been eyeing off recently , so a quick search through the cake aisle getting people worried as I checked out the bottoms of all the cake containers I found something close to what I want
Have painted the whole cannon in black undercoat will start detail painting it tonight

zenrat

I hope the cake didn't go to waste.
What flavour was it?  Where supermarket mudcake is concerned i'm rather partial to the caramel.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Austanker

Custard tart actually the mud cakes had a weird arse but neat hexagonal pattern on them hard to decide between the white chocolate or the caramel lol
Handy that the gun sits exactly on the centre ring I love it when a plan comes together , still staring at it trying to work out what colour to paint it

zenrat

On my laptop screen it already looks a grubby mottled grey which would be perfect.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Captain Canada

Wicked ! That's a big piece of machinery right there !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Austanker

Talk about dig one up from the grave but here it is:

I made it a mission to finish this one on my holidays , I ditched the Star Wars figures and went for a Warhammer type look , 3 years on the desk ! is there a prize for longest on the desk ? if not I hereby apply  :mellow:

Alien Proton Cannon - scratchbuild / junkbash
Made from left over WW2 German Loki Morser cannon parts, Paslode nail gun cartridge,K Mart mud cake tray and Russian gaming figure and other bits n pieces

zenrat

I distinctly remember making that mud cake comment.  Maybe i'm not completely beyond hope? ;)

This is fab.  I'm going to have to nominate it.
:thumbsup:
Fred

Rheged

Quote from: Austanker on February 09, 2018, 07:40:04 PM

It appears to be leaking green hydraulic fluid.  I had an old Citroen BX estate that did exactly the same .    Does this wonderful device run on Citroen LHM (liquide hydraulique minerale) and can our resident hydraulic expert suggest a cure?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on February 10, 2018, 01:38:44 AM

It appears to be leaking green hydraulic fluid.  I had an old Citroen BX estate that did exactly the same .    Does this wonderful device run on Citroen LHM (liquide hydraulique minerale) and can our resident hydraulic expert suggest a cure?

It does indeed, perhaps it's proton deterioration of the Dowty seals? It's a known fault with the standard versions and the solution was always to use the -V versions back in my days, which had Viton seals.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Austanker

Cheers ...the green fluid was courtesy of my girlfriend it's nail polish lol

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."