A400M

Started by Captain Canada, October 17, 2015, 12:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

For the upcoming Logistics GB I was going to do a jet powered A400, using all the leftover bits from two A400 boxes. In 1/72 of course  ;)  I was planning a stretched fuselage for it too.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Mine is still coming along. Just trying to do at least 1 thing on it per day. She's getting there ! Added the refuelling pods and the boom on the roof. Lots of little decals are making it look pretty good !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I broke the main gear off so I could modify it. If you've seen some of my other posts I like to play with my toys. The gear will be removable once I'm finished. Nothing worse than trying to get from Ascension to the Falklands wit this gear down 😜You cannot view this attachment.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

If the main gear's anything like that on the 1/72 scale version, you have my sincere condolences!

I had to throw most of it away on my 'Snoopy 2' A400M and scratchbuild each gear leg from styrene rod and sheet!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

It was a little fiddly, but the fix will be easy. I plan on gluing a square tube in, and then a plate that all three wheel sets will sit on. Stay tuned.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

The Revell 1/72 C-160 has the same problem as the A400M in many respects. Although a twin engine A400M would make a great whiff.

Captain Canada

The boxes and new tube landing gear. The boxes will be glued in place and painted fuselage colour, then I can slide the tubes in and out. You cannot view this attachment.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 25, 2022, 06:18:57 PMThe boxes and new tube landing gear. The boxes will be glued in place and painted fuselage colour, then I can slide the tubes in and out. [attach

GOOD thinking!  :thumbsup:

I should update my 1/72 A400M to a similar spec. A great idea  Cap'n.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 25, 2022, 06:18:57 PMThe boxes and new tube landing gear. The boxes will be glued in place and painted fuselage colour, then I can slide the tubes in and out.

Yet another example of the inverted sideways thought processes that make Whiffworld what it is.    Well done, Captain Canada!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kerick

Independent steering on each wheel! Cool!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Installed and painted my little boxes. Looks good enough for me !You cannot view this attachment.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

The little 'hat' I made for the front gear. It will be a decent representation of the gear doors once painted.  I had to make the oleo a little longer than I wanted to have the wheels sit on the ground. You cannot view this attachment.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

Do you sing whilst you are building your model, "Two wheels on your wagon and I'm just rolling along singing my song" ?