XF12F-1

Started by overscan, September 10, 2004, 12:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

overscan

This is new to me- thanks Elider for the image.
Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

Geoff_B

Thanks Paul & Elider, are their any artwork shots or model photos to go with it by any chance as i think this one could be buildable :D. I should be able to do it from the drawing but an impression or model gives a better feel for the shape and contours of the aircraft to work upon.

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

Geoff_B

Doh - Just found one

Swamphen

Looks like a F11F Tiger and a MiG-25 had an unfortunate accident in a dark alley...

Joe C-P

A t-tail - someone around here is going to be happy...  :D

The side profile rather makes me think "Tornado".
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

elmayerle

There was a model done for the book some years ago from Aero Publishers on US Navy Fighters (by Lloyd Jones?).  It also had these three-views.  As I understand it, this was the "supersonic" variant of the Grumman set of design studies for carrying the Bendix "Eagle" in competition with what won as the F6D.  From data I've read, and Jay Miller has shown me, the "high-subsonic" variant was a modified "Intruder" and the "low=subsonic" variant was a modified S2F-1 though I can see a W2F-1 being used later.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Archibald

Found this post searching about the F-12F. This plane was impressive... any model built?  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

anthonyp

Thorvic built one of these beasties up last year.

Thorvic's XF-12

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Archibald

Hey! I just asked anigrand about a XF-12F model... They just answered me
NEXT SPRING
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

John Howling Mouse

QuoteA t-tail - someone around here is going to be happy...  :D
mmmm...gulp...T-Tail   :wub:  :wub:

[sound of big man hitting floor with a thump-crash]
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

The Rat

QuoteLooks like a F11F Tiger and a MiG-25 had an unfortunate accident in a dark alley...
SEAN IS BACK! Where ya been for the past 11 months?  :huh:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr