Merkava ideas

Started by Weaver, March 18, 2013, 01:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Amazingly there isn't a Merkava ideas thread on here that I can find (if there is one Mods, then by all means merge the topics).

Anyway, here's something to think about: the merkava prototype with an M48 turret:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jorel62

That is going to look great......

ysi_maniac

T-90 and Merkava crossing

Israel could do a new Tiran option aimed for export. I would buy the bottom one.
Will die without understanding this world.

Gondor

Quote from: ysi_maniac on October 02, 2021, 11:04:41 PM

Israel could do a new Tiran option aimed for export. I would buy the bottom one.

Which has a whopping great shot trap between the turret and hull.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Riksbar

"Inconceivable!"

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Weaver

Quote from: Riksbar on October 03, 2021, 03:39:41 PM
A suggestion here that Merkava could replace the Bradley
https://twitter.com/canders06788165/status/1444310960160845827?s=21

Actually, he says in a follow-up tweet that he's NOT suggesting the Merk could replace the Bradley, he's just using it to point out the Bradley's low dismount capacity. For a Merk to carry more than a handful of extra dismounts in any condition to fight, it first has to dump most of it's ammo.

There's a heavy APC version of the Merk called the Namer, which is much more my sort of thing, with tank-level armour and armed with only remote MGs on the roof. However the advance of remote weapon stations is consigning the dismounts-vs-firepower trade-off to the history books. Now you can have 8 x dismounts + 3 x crew all sat space-efficiently in one armoured 'box', with all the weapons and their dangerous ammo in a different 'box' on top.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ysi_maniac

Merkava with extra large squad area.

Will die without understanding this world.