ZOMBIE THEME GENERAL DISCUSSION AREA

Started by Go4fun, February 15, 2013, 03:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go4fun

This is where we will hash things out and just shoot the bull about the builds we plan and which dirrection we are headed.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Father Ennis

I'm with you,my friend. I would love to see something like this here.

Go4fun

I'm thinking I have this 1940 Ford Coupe and a 1957 Chevy. And if gas is hard to find how hard is it to find burnable things to heat water?
Do you see where I'm going?  :rolleyes:

kerick

Are you thinking of an armored up Stanley Steamer? Oops I may have given away a good idea.
Count me in on this one.
I'll start reviewing the stash tonight!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Father Ennis

And here I haven't finished my Desert GB entry yet,too !!!   But I'm in on this got to check what I got in my stash ......

coolpop6307

Joshua is reporting in for a awesome build.
"I am a tangerine, and no one can see me"
"Your despicable!!"
"EHHHH Whats up doc?"

Go4fun

I really think the vehicle should be something converted from a road-(Or Air)worthy craft or vehicle. I mean a tank is a tank and pretty Zombie-proof already!  ;D  Not to say it should be restricted to something stuck with (Or friendly to!) they're usual terrain or operating areas. Now and then the best way to shop in a mall or large market is to turn it into a Drive-Thru! :lol:
But I really have to figure out my Whiffing materials at hand.

Captain Canada

I'm looking for an excuse to get that 32nd scale wrecker !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Go4fun

There you go Captain Canada! Why bother to syphon gas while your buddies provide covering fire when you can just hook on and drag it off to your Fortress or Beeratude?  ;D

kerick

I second Go4fun.
I think the only rules would be it has to be a conversion of something found on a city street. Adding armor and such made from common materials with straight forward welding or bolting together. Chain guns and miniguns would be stretching it but lots of AK-47, M-16 and 12 ga. shotguns.
I have to go shopping for an appropriate car/pickup truck model!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

OK, sort some parametres out amongst yourselves, appoint/anoint/nominate a "moderator" for the Theme Build and I'll set her up for you
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Go4fun

Thank you NARSES2.
"Found on the streets..." got me thinking. I know around here I would be looking at some parks about town. Why? Old steam locomotives and I know of one half-track!  :wacko: The things won't move but the armor you could scrounge!  :o
Also I might be thinking an old dirt track racer would be a starting place. The things are durable, the rollover bars give you a good place to bolt or weld brackets for armor to and they either have no glass or at most a polycarbonate windshield. Besides, they are made as simple as possible and hopped up! ;D

Father Ennis

I think I have my idea. I'm finally going to use the chassis of a German armored car with the body works from an Italari  long wheel base Land Rover. I just can't decide which I want to use single front wheel and dually or to have two wheels on each front and back.  I'm thinking on arming it with TM-Mags and or a Russian light mg.  Do we want to have figures as well guys ??????

Captain Canada

You'd have to have some sort of wrecker in your fleet, clearing roads etc.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Go4fun

Let's take the "Band together to get through this" approach. So we need scout vehicles, heavy hitters, carriers, and vehicles to clear obstacles. Then we need to define what each of these classes require. But if you have something you've started on we'll fit it in.
But first we need a leader of this motley crew.
Whom nominates who as "Themed Build> Zombie Apocolypse" Moderator?