KP/Kopro

Started by Maverick, July 12, 2011, 06:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick

Known some hits and misses within the genre, KP has released a digital camo MiG-29 in 72nd.  It offers either twin or single seat models, which is a little odd as the two are quite different beyond just a twin or single tub.  Anyhoo, the kit itself looks ordinary with plenty of flash, but the decals might be usable.

http://ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/KoPro/Kopro_MiG-29AS/kopro_MiG-29AS.html

Regards,

Mav

Weaver

Just picked up a new Pocketbond catalogue with the Kopro (KP) range in it. Not sure how "new" they all are, but there are a number of things of whiffy interest (no pics to be found on the web, unfortunately):

MiG-15 in USAF colours
Spitfire Mk.IXE in Israeli black with a red stripe colours
A bizarre mistel with a Lippisch DM-1 glider mounted on top of a Siebel Si 204A
Two different kits of the Have Blue Stealth demonstrator
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Martin H

That Siebel/Lippisch mistel is no spoof, thts how the Germans intended on air launching the DM-1 on its test flights.

A buildable Have Blue is welcome
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

famvburg

Does this mean Anigrand's isn't buildable? I have one in my stash somewhere......

Quote from: Martin H on January 02, 2012, 10:16:35 AM
That Siebel/Lippisch mistel is no spoof, thts how the Germans intended on air launching the DM-1 on its test flights.

A buildable Have Blue is welcome

Martin H

opps id forgotten the Anigrand one
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

I have a 'Have Blue' kit somewhere (that sounds SO stupid.....  ;D) and it's not an Anigrand one, so who else did one?

That's the F-117 thing with the fins canted the wrong way, isn't it?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

famvburg

Pegasus, IIRC, did one many years ago. I built that one & it wasn't too bad. The Have Blue looks similar to the F-117 but is smaller, it was a sub-scale proof of concept type.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 02, 2012, 11:21:58 AM
I have a 'Have Blue' kit somewhere (that sounds SO stupid.....  ;D) and it's not an Anigrand one, so who else did one?

That's the F-117 thing with the fins canted the wrong way, isn't it?

Freightdog862

Maintrack did a vacform Have Blue before Pegasus, its not that hot!

Colin

Weaver

A new KP Avia S-199 in Israeli and Czech boxings, and apparently, it's a NEW MOULD:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/KPM7206

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/KPM7210

LOADS of whiffy potential for that one...... :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Captain Canada

The first one looks like it would make an easy turbine conversion  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Hobbes

I tried to track down the Kopro Have Blue kit, and found this comment by Rob de Bie on ARC:

QuoteI e-mailed KP Models in May asking about the rumoured Have Blue, and Richard Kiss told me "we have no plans to release Have Blue model". He contacted the director of the Czech Kopro company (which is not the same as KP Models!) about it, and apparently a third company used their name at the Nuremberg Toy Fair and announced the Have Blue.

So no luck for now. I could use the Anigrand kit, but apparently the shape of the fuselage bottom is off.

PR19_Kit

I found my 'Have Blue' kit and it is a Pegasus one. It looks OK, typical Pegasus with very fine engraved panel lines and sprue gates the size of the Channel Tunnel! How does one know if the underside is correct or not? I can only find pics of the top of the weird thing.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

PR19_Kit

Very handy Harro, thanks. That can't be all that difficult to correct with flat styrene if need be, it has no curves on it anywhere.

I'm appalled at the prices they're talking about, my Pegasus kit has the original price sticker on the end, £3.50............ :o

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 13, 2014, 10:53:19 AM
my Pegasus kit has the original price sticker on the end, £3.50............ :o

What was the pound worth back when the Arc grounded ------     ;D ;D :wacko:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike