Diet King Tiger

Started by Gondor, December 17, 2010, 02:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

OK it's not really a diet but it is from the Battle of the Bulge so I thought it would be close enough. I made this over 10 years ago for a club contest. The theme was Television and Film. Hope you enjoy.

I defiantly need a daylight bulb or two to provide a light source when taking photographs  :angry:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Fulcrum

Quote from: Overkiller on December 17, 2010, 02:58:44 PM
Very nice!  :thumbsup:

Of course, if this is the "Diet" King Tiger, then you are left no real choice but to do a second heavily bulked up King Tiger as a counterpoint....

....you could call it the "Burger" King Tiger....

BA-DUM TISH!

:wacko:

:cheers:

Duncan
Wasn't there any already planned in those propaganda releases. (Now that's an obese tank... or call it the Goering tank :rolleyes: )
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

Taiidantomcat

excellent detailing and painting. It really "pops"
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Gondor

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on December 18, 2010, 08:19:28 AM
excellent detailing and painting. It really "pops"

The problem is though is that it is painted GREY !!! I really must get a daylight bulb for a lamp to use as my light source as the strip light in my kitchen obviously is no good. That darn light has turned the grey into a green!!!

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Figured out a possible solution for a daylight bulb. The magnifying lamp I use on the modelling bench has daylight bulbs in it so with some reorganising of various bits and pieces I managed to take a couple more pictures which I think are a bit better.

The last picture shows what I had to do to light the Italeri M47 that is the basis of the build, I had packed away my tripod when I realised I should probably show the set up I used.

Gondor

Mossie

Great, movie stand-ins are fantastic whiff fodder! :party:

Quote from: Overkiller on December 17, 2010, 02:58:44 PM
Very nice!  :thumbsup:

Of course, if this is the "Diet" King Tiger, then you are left no real choice but to do a second heavily bulked up King Tiger as a counterpoint....

....you could call it the "Burger" King Tiger....

BA-DUM TISH!

:wacko:

:cheers:

Duncan

Don't bother, I'll get your bloody coat for ya..... :dalek: :dalek: :dalek:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

philp

I like it.  Wish someone would do one in 72nd so I could replicate it.

Now you need to do one of the Chaffee/Shermans.

Or a Patton from Patton.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Joe C-P

A fine portrayal of a movie prop.  :thumbsup:

It's amazing to see the many wildly inaccurate armored vehicles used in war films. I watched a few minutes of a movie about the Battle of El Alamein recently, and discovered the British Army were equipped with Chaffees and M-113 APCs.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.