General Lee Model Query

Started by Cobra, October 14, 2010, 01:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Hey Guys, a Q kinda popped into my Head:has Anyone Built a Model of the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard Other than as a Car? i've seen Pics of General Lee & Thought i'd ask. if the Mods want to mave this Thread Elsewhere,No Problem. I'm talking the general Lee as a Fighter Jet,Tank,Etc. Thanks for looking.Dan

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Dan

Somewhere in the back of my mind I have a recollection of an APC (probably an M113) in the 'General Lee' scheme. To me the most obvious kit to do is the old Tamiya M3 Lee, as it's cheap, easy to get a hold of (especially since the Academy kit came along) and it's named after...... Well you know where I'm headed with this  :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

beowulf

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on October 14, 2010, 09:28:43 AM
Still a car...

lol...........that was from a photoshop competition on b3ta.com (their equivalent of our group build) from about 4 years when i used to be a regular there  :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Joe C-P

Hmm. How about as a General Sherman or Sheridan?   :wacko:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

dragon

I kind of remember seeing someone photoshopped a Millenium Falcon in General Lee colors and markings.
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on October 14, 2010, 07:29:45 AM<...> To me the most obvious kit to do is the old Tamiya M3 Lee, <...>

I knew I had seen one of those before, but couldn't find it online earlier. Found it now on ARC, where it participated in the 2006 Silly Week.  :bow: Click HERE for more pics.

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?