The Hebrew Hammer

Started by Keith Diamond, September 20, 2010, 12:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Diamond

Stick a fork in it, it's done.

Monogram 1/48 F-111 kit.  Rescribed with tanks from the Monogram A-10 kit, and Bullpups from the Hasegawa weapons set.  The pitot tube was made from aluminum tube and a needle since you can bet the plastic one would have eventually broken off anyways.

I was a little disappointed in the overall build of the kit.  My rescribing was inconsistent on the bottom of the fuselage, but turned out well on the upper half.  Airbrush work didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but I'm still learning.  I experimented with a new method for in flight displays, but it was a semi success.  I'm working on a new method to paint pilot figures, and although not perfect, the pilots for this build are by far the best I've ever painted.  Just a few adjustments and I think I'll nail it next time.  Wish I had taken a good picture of the figures before I sealed up the cockpit.

All in all, it was a good practice/experimental kit, and it looks good over my work desk.

Man, we should have cloned twenties. Jackson wouldn't have given a poo-poo.

Taiidantomcat

Fantastic! Love the black underside as well  :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Pablo1965

The F-111 is great. With this camo is fearsome.
I like this Hammer :thumbsup:

anthonyp

Awesome model, Keith, but I saw "Hebrew Hammer" and thought immediately of this (forgive me):

I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

sotoolslinger

Well ain't that just somewhat AWESOME :wub: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

AeroplaneDriver

Nice build....BUT...this is a WHIF site....

Oh...wait a minute...they never flew F-111s, did they...looks so right in those colors, with the black undersides especially!
:thumbsup:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Keith Diamond

Thanks for the comments guys!  Glad you liked it.

Quote from: anthonyp on September 20, 2010, 05:53:14 PM
Awesome model, Keith, but I saw "Hebrew Hammer" and thought immediately of this (forgive me):

Actually, that's why I named it The Hebrew Hammer. ;D
Man, we should have cloned twenties. Jackson wouldn't have given a poo-poo.

sideshowbob9