Coming Soon (I hope) 1/32nd MTANG Viper

Started by philp, June 04, 2010, 01:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Ok, got an idea to go outside of my normal 72nd scale.  I have decals for a MTANG F-16 that I keep thinking one day I may break down and get a kit, however, since the 16 is also known as the Viper and I have been wanting to do something different to a Viper from Battlestar Galactica...

Think the tail markings would better fit the old series ship than the new one and Hobby Lobby still had a couple on the shelves last time I was in so will probably go that route.  Need to find a modern USAF fighter pilot to man it and probably try to paint it in the standard F-16 camo.

Course, that means I need to get the kit and actually build it.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

sotoolslinger

Would love to see this Phil :thumbsup: I have a whole series o different Vipers coming :wacko: Join the club :party:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

philp

Maybe we can have a few on the table at Nats.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

sotoolslinger

I may actually get to the Nats :thumbsup: My company has me scheduled for Phoenix in August :party:
I amuse me.

philp

One step closer.  Picked the kit up at Hobby Lobby on Clearance for $16.19. :thumbsup:

Tail is a little short so not sure if the Rustler markings are going to fit.  Will have to dig them out and see.

Now need to score a fighter pilot and get to work.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

sotoolslinger

Make tail bigger.....no one will ever know :wacko:
By the way the nifty Moebius MK II'S are 25 bucks
I amuse me.

philp

That would require modeling skills which I definitely lack.  I have some ideas, just gotta find the decals (there is another ANG unit on the sheet so maybe it will work and I also have a set for a Chilean version in that scale from Two Bobs that is just in the trade bin so...

I have looked at the Mk II (think the LHS had them for $30 but they were snagged by a couple guys while I was there  :banghead:, have to check to see if they restocked).  Looks like a decent kit they just aren't in my scale.  Have looked at the resin 72nd versions also but $50 for a 72nd kit that size is painful.  Maybe Moebius will do a downsized version of them (I suggested a dogfight doubles type kit with Viper and Cylon from both series).  If I do grab the Moebius kit I have another plan for it that would fit into one of the GBs that didn't get picked. :wacko:
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

philp

Ok, dug the decals out and checked.  Think I may have to try a fin extention after all  :blink:.  Doesn't need that much to fit the Montana band but the Big Sky Country band will probably get moved down to the wings.  Other tail markings will end up on the engine covers.
Now got to decide if I will put a star and bar on the fuselage or not. 
Thinking that after the Galactica found Earth in 1980 (according to the dreadful follow up show) the Earth forces united to fight the common foe (Cylons). 

So, could keep the national markings, go with a world marking or keep the Colonial markings that come in the kit.

Opinions?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.