Anybody Here Ever Drew A Fictitious Uniform?

Started by KJ_Lesnick, March 31, 2010, 07:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJ_Lesnick

I'm wondering if anybody on this forum ever did this, or thought of doing this?
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

Weaver

Thought about it, but people are the thing I'm worst at drawing - I keep looking at figure models and illustrations to see if I could convert them to illustrate my Earl of Chester's Militia, but nothing's struck me so far.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

thedarkmaster

Not sure of it's name but over on

http://www.alternatehistory.com/

ther is a full thread on that sort of thing

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Green Dragon

Drew some many years ago but I'm terrible at anything living! Can do techy stuff sort of OK but uniform pics tended to have no heads or hands!  :banghead:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

NARSES2

I've not drawn any but years ago I painted up lots of Airfix HO/OO figures in the uniforms of my "own states" for the 18th early 19th Century. Quite interesting figuring out the regimental distinctions etc
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

thedarkmaster

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

puddingwrestler

Actually designed the Royal Australian Void Navy uniform as a major assignment in yr. 12 visual communication and design of all things. And of course I've done a few things when I was at uni as a production designer on student and low-no budget films.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

KJ_Lesnick

I was just thinking of getting some help to draw up a fictitious Air Force uniform.  It's based on my WHIF Air Force threads which revolves around a fictitious Air-Force formed out of both the Army Air Force and the Navy Air-Corps.

The basic idea I was thinking of was to start with a USAF uniform and navalize it to some degree, but not quite as far as McPeak's uniform.  The idea would be as follows
- Basic uniform would be based on the USAF Uniform used from the 1947 to 1960 about same number of pockets, buttons, same basic belt around the coat and such; same basic coloring
- Epaulettes removed, and rank displayed as silver stripes on the sleeves.
- Hat to be basically similar to the white hat worn with the USMC Dress Blues, with the piping changed to white and the golden band switched to silver.  Scrambled eggs would be based on the shapes of clouds formed into the shape of a scrambled egg structure.  I'm thinking for field-grade officers it would be good to use a pattern similar to the navy's CDR/CAPT scrambled egg shape, but producing a similar shape out of clouds and in silver.  For general officers you'd have either the same set up or one more like an army-general's scrambled eggs with a single row of scrambled eggs across the piping above the band (similar to the scrambled eggs used in the USN), but for all generals, not just the Chief of Staff.  

This is a rough draft.  Any ideas?

BTW:  I tried to join the alternatehistoryforum and it said I was banned.  I don't get it since I never was a member
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

renax

an example of some of my work for Alterra1;
they are not plane but mecha pilot
(http://www.sharkit.com/alterra1/grVhMech/grVhMech.htm)

I must have plane pilot uniform somewhere....

HD: http://alterra1.blogspot.com/2010/04/alterra1-uniforme-example.html

KJ_Lesnick

Renax,

Wow, I really like you're drawings.  You have some serious skill!

renax

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on April 19, 2010, 03:58:33 PM
Renax,

Wow, I really like you're drawings.  You have some serious skill!

thank you; I started from WW2 german tankist uniform;
below another picture
HD: http://alterra1.blogspot.com/2010/04/alterra1-uniforme-example.html

there machine is here:
http://www.sharkit.com/alterra1/grVhMech/grVhMech.htm

KJ_Lesnick

I really like the drawing in post #10, though the model honestly is not exactly my favorite (I've never seen much practicality of having mechanized vehicles that were shaped like humans)

renax

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on April 21, 2010, 03:56:29 PM
I really like the drawing in post #10, though the model honestly is not exactly my favorite (I've never seen much practicality of having mechanized vehicles that were shaped like humans)

well in practice legs needs to much energy, compare to wheels, etc...
but its mainly to do something different, as "exploration, "experimentation" (and show....!)

and:

page: http://www.sharkit.com/alterra1/grVhMech/fight.htm
(txt by renaud in his bad english)

"Panzerkampfgeher 1 mechas are very lightly armoured; a direct hit is enougth to knock them down, the same for an accurate or concentrate artillery salvo. On flat field they move slower than a classic battle tank, and their autonomie is shorter. They can move on fields that are absolutely not passable for a classic vehicle, such as hard slopes, area congested with large rocks, foot path. They can cross woods over, cross six meters deep rivers and two metres hight steps. They can use their weapons above obstacles of five meters hight; they can go down on their legs to avoid view or direct hit. It is prohibit to move on expose flat field if enemy artillery is present. In this case, to avoid a fast destruction, smoke grenades launchers can be fixed on the frontal shield. Their standard armament is a hight rate of fire 37mm gun of hight efficiency against planes and light armoured vehicles; it can even destroy medium tanks by shooting the rear or between the wheels with special amunition "wolfram" of 1,4 kg (more than 800ms initial velocity), the same amunition used by the tank-killer Stukas. Their heavy armament is an extra six tubes launcher "Raketenwerfer" of caliber 130mm,shooting rockets with hollow charge and fragmention warhead. The rocket is stabilised by folding fins and can be used for direct hit or curve long range fire. After 1000m they are not accurate enougth for anti-tank shoot, especially on moving target, but a salvo firing (possibility of the six rocket firing at the same time) allow a probable tank destruction even beyond 2000m. Because of the weakness of their autonomie and their very short amunition stock, and because the risk of falling down the groung, with all the difficulties implicated to stand again on its feets,the mecha get a close support vehicle, usually a half track. This half-track follows the Mécha as close as it can; it is armed with a machine gun and a twin tube launcher using the same 130mm rockets, but with a simplified visor and a manual pointing system. Three mens are the crew of the half-track: -the pilot (also second mecha mechanic) -the mecha first mechanic (second pilot of the mecha and radio) -the gunsmith."

renax

anyway,
here is another drawing of the uniform:

more:
http://www.sharkit.com/alterra1/_home/home.htm

KJ_Lesnick

Renax,

Would you be willing to draw a fictitious uniform along the lines of what I'm thinking of?

KJ Lesnick