Idea for GW and model railway fans

Started by Aircav, January 15, 2010, 06:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Heres one that would ruffle a few feathers, combine some of the Games Workshop stuff and model railways, something such as a Orc railway  ;D

I could just imagine how that would go down at a model railway show  :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

beowulf

hmmmm.....the Great Middle Earth Railway with the terminus at Mount Doom  :lol:

youve actually got me thinking since i have a 1/87 steam loco in the stash that i cant remember why i bought in the first place.......what scale is GW figures?
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Aircav

Somewhere between 1/72 and 1/48 in height  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

DaFROG

the scale (for warhammer and 40K at least not sure about LOTR) is called 28mm heroic whic means the figures are roughly 28mm height but are heaps beefier than normal humans, even teh wediest dudes have arms like 3 feet in circumference if you scale them up ;D
1/48th or O gauge works for railways and it's already been done by he who grapples with the dessert courses (though not displayed at any model expos)

ferrum equs

carriages

freight

my take on the subject though post apocalyptic also in 1/48/O gauge (clickable thumbnails)

with PW's ferrum equs and what can only be describes as an abommination :wacko: :wacko:

In the Imperial (40K) engine house courtesy of PW

PR19_Kit

Ye gods, is that a GARRATT??  :o

What scale is it and what mech did you use?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DaFROG

yes Garrett the train equivalent of zwilling :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

it's O gauge/ 1/48 ish made form 2 $15 plastic toy trains from toys R us with assorted greebliage from a variety of sources.

heres a build thread on starship modeler

PW made his model first, i bought him another $15 toys r us trainset as a joke christmas present. He painted up the track and made all the scenery for wargamming purpose.

All the trains retain the "realistic sound and light effect" advertised on the boxes :wacko: :wacko: