Main Menu

Finished Builds

Started by Mossie, December 18, 2009, 01:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Like it says, post your finished builds here!  As always, no comments, just pics & descriptions with any backstory.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Brian da Basher

Here's something I call the Aero Omnibus A319 :

link to the build thread and backstory:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,27085.0.html

Enjoy!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

comrade harps

Whatever.

Weaver

British Antarctic Survey Trackrover by Weaver:

(Note that the RAC vehicle is a diecast)

Build thread and backstory here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,26984.0.html
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Date 2013
With sales secured only to the Kuwaiti Air Force (see my section in the gallery  ;D), Dassault offered a stripped-down and simplified version of the Rafale C on very favourable lease/return terms. Coincidentally, the USAF identified the need for a 5th Generation fighter type to compliment the F-15's & 16's in their Aggressor units. A deal was struck and (initially) fourteen downgraded Dassaults (immediately dubbed Rafale Lite's by the on-line enthusiasts), were delivered and issued to the 'Blue Fox Bandits' in Alaska.

Dassault/Vought Aerospace F-36A Rafale C
18th FS
Eielson AB, Alaska

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Eddie M.

The Arctic Eagle: for when you absolutely, positivily have to land on that ice flow. :D

DC-3 Ski: now available for arctic sightseeing tours....

Look behind you!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Refurbished P-48A Outlaw Mk.I (not ellidgeble for voting)

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ed S

On a frozen wind swept lake, late January 2015.  A Kamov KA-50 fast attack tiltrotor sits ready for its next mission supporting Russian and US forces during the battle for the Siberian Oilfields in the First Resources War.

The build thread is at http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,26877.0.html

Ed

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

McGreig

September 1946. Near Moscow a familar but subtly different shape is practicing for the annual 7 November flypast - - -

madcatter

OK, one more this time around.  And thanks for the extension!

At an undisclosed location, Greenland, 1945.  The Luftwaffe has set up forward bases in Iceland and along the Greenland coast.  2 Squadrons of Beaufighters were moved from the UK to scattered makeshift airfields further north to harass the German supply ships who themselves operated individually to avoid detection and interception.  By this time in the war the North Atlantic was equally deadly for either side.  American and Canadian supply vessels made the dash for the UK whenever intel provided a hint of safety from the German fleet, particularly from the Graf Zeppelin whenever it was at station near Norway.  The Germans had to be equally careful of US and British subs and long range Coastal Command bombers frequently prowling the waters.  This particular Beaufighter was credited with the sinking of two seperate unidentified subs between Greenland and Norway.  They were later assumed to be of Japanese origin, traveling away from Norway heading back towards the Atlantic, possibly en route to Japan.  No further information is known on their origin or mission but was the single most successful attack to date by the Greenland-based Beaufighters.

-N8

Green Dragon

This is the first one I've actually managed to enter into a GB, forgot to post my last one in the finished thread!
For backstories you get a choice of two.
First one. During the tunnelling for the Karahnjukar Hydroelectric Power project workers stumbled across a massive find of Diamonds, Gold and other precious stuff. The huge earnings let Iceland get an air force to relieve the various NATO countries of the Icelandic air/sea defense task so they can bolster the allied forces trying to halt the Chinese/Iranian/Russian invasion of Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Gulf States.
Second one. Iceland strikes oil and uses revenue to build air force just in time to fight off loads of factory ships from Europe nicking their fish!

This Icelandic Air Force Super Hornet is armed with four Harpoons, two Sparrows, two AMRAAM's and two Sidewinders ready for a strike at the Euro Fleet trawlers and Naval vessels in the Second Cod War.  ;D

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)