Building future "wolf" pilot figure.

Started by seadude, August 31, 2009, 03:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

As soon as I get done building my Habbakuk ship, I'll be starting this Fall on a 1/48 F/A-18E fighter. I just recently today purchased the Twobob's 1/48th "Werewolves of Beaufort" decal sheet (Item 48-185). Anyway, I want to do a slightly humorous subject for another contest next Spring and instead of having regular human looking pilot and ground crew, I want to have "werewolf" looking ground crew.  ;D I want to replace the head on this pilot figure with that of a wolf.

The figure is 1/48th scale and is almost 40mm tall. Are there any "wolf" game miniatures or other wolf figures in similar scale where I can take the heads and add them to the pilot/ground crew figures?
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.

ChernayaAkula

Damn, now that's a wicked idea! :wacko:

How about Tamiya's 1/35 livestock? It includes a German shepherd dog. Maybe that's a close match.
Preiser has a couple of 1/43 figures. There's also a German shepherd dog.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

deathjester

I would try Games Workshop's Space Wolves Space Marines range

nev

Maybe some Roman 28mm wargaming figures, if you can use the wolfs pelt from the signifier?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

proditor

Reaper minis over at www.reaperminis.com might be able to help with a lupine or three as well.

seadude

Ok, I'm back. And I think I've got the wolf figures I need........I hope. ;) Anyway, I went out today and bought a package of wolf and rabbit Polar Express O Gauge figures. This is as close to 1/48 scale as I could get/find. Here's two pics showing the scale of the pilot and wolf figs, and how big the wolf head would be if sitting on top of the pilot fig. The wolf appears to be cast/molded in rubber which makes it easy to sculpt and scale down a bit with an X-acto knife. Does the wolf head still look a little too big in the pics? How much scaling down would I still need to do?

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.