G

HS 1202-11B

Started by Geoff_B, February 28, 2004, 02:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_B

Hi

Here's another off the workbench in need of a name, this one is with special thanks to Tony Buttler who sent us the drawings after talking at the Nationals.
(The twin fin variant is in the BSP-Fighters book, which Nigel is modelling)

The drawing dates from 1978 as a sort of F-16 clone but beefed up for UK service with a Hawker style wing. As you can see i decided it would make a suitable lightning replacement.

Cheers

Thor  B)  

Geoff_B

Here's the rest of the RAF2000 stuff so far

retro_seventies

VERY nice geoff, although it does rather stick in the throat to see an american plane built by us when i'm sure we had enough designs of merit of our own to build instead...

still, its all about money...

*shrugs*

never been all that big on the f-16 really, despite it obviously being an incredibly capable and succesful plane, and a pretty dashing one to boot...

now the Bae Agile...that would have been nice to replace the lightning...

*sigh*

ah well.

all the best mate - and a great model!

ben  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Geoff_B

Hi Ben

It aint an F-16 its a Hawker design that used similar format to the F-16, an earlier example the 6 is on Joe's site which looks a liitle different (well alot !!)

These designs led to the Agile stuff eventually. Its bigger with a huge wing and tail, i suppose i should do an F-16 just to show the difference.

Cheers

Geoff B B)

WeeJimmy

Well done!

The hightail fins are beautiful,  the American cousins never get that do they? Even the F-15 EAGLE could use a little more height in the fins and some breadth in the wings, but then it'd be less colonial and more ...

Captain Canada

Righteous !

Righteous !

Well done, Geoff......all four are looking brilliant ! I have to admit, seeing the first photo, having the same thoughts as Retro.......then I saw the shot from above, and it's definately not another F-16 !

Thanks for sharing !

Toadman
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

I am a happy owner of Tony Buttler's books (1 & 2 yet, 3 soon), but I have not found this 1202-11 : just the HS 1202-9, eben more peculiar - a F-16-like with double fins (page 145, Fighters book) :wub:  But your one is already wonderful, Thor, thanks for presenting this beauty :wub: . We expect a picture close to a F-16 someday, to feature the differences :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Geoff_B

Glad you like it then, the 1202 was a range of F-16 like aircraft, and as Tophe says the twin fin variant the -9 is in Tony's Book, it you check the text you'll notice the sentence saying about the single fin version, so when i met Tony i asked him about it and a few weeks later i recieved copies of the drawings in the post.

Cheers

Thor B)  

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Deino

Hi thorvic !!!

Congratulations for that just fantastic model  :cheers: .... so there’s just the Harrier replacement P.103 missing !!!   :wub:

What kit was the basis ??? A plain F-16 ??? Isn’t it too small as the HS 1202-11B was a much bigger plane with a bigger engine !? I thought it would have been nearly tree metres longer than the F-16 !  

Regarding the plans of the –11 ... would it be possible to share them with us !!???

Best regards and keep up that excellent work, Deino  :D
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

nev

As for a name, how about reviving one that never quite made it - Kestrel?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

F-32

Lovely model - as far as the name goes....................... Predator?

Ogwash

Hi Deino

I'll see if i can get the plans on, i did try but they were too big and slow to load the page up, so i need to tweak them a bit.

TSRJOE actually has a few examples of the other 1202 designs on his website, and all are influenced by the F-16, but using a larger Hawker style wing.

Name wise i would have thought the Kestral would have been reserved for a VTOL aircraft, the Preditor sounds good though.

Cheers

Geoff B B)

Deino

QuoteTSRJOE actually has a few examples of the other 1202 designs on his website, and all are influenced by the F-16, but using a larger Hawker style wing.
.... his website !!???   :blink:

Can You please give me the link ??

Thanks again, Deino  :rolleyes:  
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Captain Canada

Kestrel does sound good.......but you're right Geoff......it's got to hover to earn that name !

Peditor sounds to much like a foot doctor.......

I believe they screwed up the whole process by generalizing the bird of prey names, like Eagle, Hawk, Falcon......being so many species..I've always like the 'sharp shinned' hawk for a name. And Kites, lots of cool kite names out there, but every aeroplane is already a 'kite' !

Cheers ! :wacko:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?