Canadair/Bombadier CL-415

Started by Radish, July 19, 2009, 01:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

Having virtually completed a Beriev Be-6 in RAF colours.....just minor repainting, decals etc., to do, I fancied another flying boat.

The Canadair CL-415 is the choice.
It'll be a quick-build, nowt much in the interior as you won't see it (why do they bother??) and basically, apart from a few odd bits as they appear in the build, straight from the box.
MILITARY of course.

Any ideas? :cheers:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Vatican Air Force, loaded with Holy Water???
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Radish

Once considered a Popair DC-3 with spraybars for that duty. Also equipped with chaff dispensers....wafers, you see. Apologies if I've offended anyone.

Spanish camo might be cool, but Japanese is GOOD.

Weaver

Gunship, for anti-piracy patrols..... :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Hobbes

re: anti-piracy; you could paint it up with the logo of one of the anti-piracy (copyright infringement) organizations, e.g. the RIAA. Label it 'copyright enforcement' or somesuch.

Radish

good idea, Hobbes!!

Or even a PIRATE boat....aarrgghhh!!!!! :thumbsup:

Weaver

Quote from: Hobbes on July 19, 2009, 09:56:27 AM
re: anti-piracy; you could paint it up with the logo of one of the anti-piracy (copyright infringement) organizations, e.g. the RIAA. Label it 'copyright enforcement' or somesuch.

Snigger - you can see the press conference can't you?

Lights go down, thermal imager starts. It shows an ordinary house, obvious from a circling aeroplane.

PRESS OFFICER: Now this looks like an ordinary house in Milton Keynes, but.......

Graphics are superimposed on the image showing the system locking onto a signal coming from the house,

PRESS OFFICER: ......our system has detected a ILLEGAL, IMMORAL, PIRATED copy of an Arctic Monkeys CD in this house which is ROBBING THE POOR, PENNILESS RECOR er.... BAND of at least £15!!!!

(Press Officer stops to wipe spittle from lips)

PRESS OFFICER: Fortunately, we now have the capability to put a stop to his SHAMLESS THEFT once and for all!

The image blurs as two solid lines of tracer converge on the house roof which rapidly vanishes in cloud of smoke and debris.

PRESS OFFICER: So let this be a lesson kids: don't buy illegal CDs. They're bad for your favorite artists, they jam your CD player, they contain hideous viruses which empty your bank accounts and send your address to the Reader's Digest, AND now, they're bad for your roof as well..............

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Radish

Should finish the sticking today.
It fits together well, only the engines being naughty, but nothing that can't be fixed.
Primer tomorrow......

looks like RAF Middle East/Mediterranean. :party:

B777LR

Stick torpedoes, Mavericks and a pair of sidewinders under the wing. On a second note, try to outfit it like an A-10 :wub:

anthonyp

Jamaican tourist agency, or make it part of the Conch Republic Defense Force!!!!

Jammin'...   :ph34r: :cheers: :drink:
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Radish

Been thinking of an A-10-type, but another option could be use the stores from an Italeri A-26K :party:

Radish

Just about finished adding bits to it. When it stops raining (ha!!) I'll get into the shed and prime it. The kit goes together really well, the main problem being the turboprop engine nacelles that are difficult to fit, but nothing that a bit of ingenuity and card can't defeat. I also need to sort out its base.