In-progress pics of my new models...

Started by matrixone, March 14, 2009, 08:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

This is whats on the workbench now, the 1/48 scale Tamiya Citroen Traction 11CV and the Minicraft 1/144 scale He 111.

The Citroen is in a very drab and boring all gray paint scheme but I needed at least one ground vehicle that would work with the mid-war aircraft models that I will be building but will still work with some of the late war planes too.
The He 111 will be given a late war what-if scribble style of camouflage.

Two kits that I will be starting soon....(these Tamiya 1/48 scale kits are terrific!)
I don't need the Schwimmwagon at all for my photobase pics but its such an interesting vehicle I want to have one anyway, the 1/72 scale Academy Schwimmwagon kit that I just finished was a bit of a let down.

And here is my fourth Iwata airbrush that I just got this past week, I will be able to give it a try on Sunday.
Between my Badger airbrushes and four Iwatas I now have an airbrush for every modelling need and I should never have to buy another one for a number of years...at least until the new style of laser sighted airbrushes come out a few years from now. :rolleyes:

Matrixone

noxioux

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

matrixone

Yep, four Iwatas! Sure I only have two hands but also have two feet!! ;D

Below is a list of my current stash of airbrushes:

Paasche VL for RC models and backdrops

Badger 150 and Iwata Revolution BR for 1/32 scale and 1/48 scale models

Badger 100 G and Iwata Eclipse for 1/48 and 1/72 scale models

(x 2) Iwata HP-B Plus for 1/72 and 144 scale models and for adding fine details on models of all scales

This year I wanted to upgrade my modelling tools instead of spending my hobby money on more kits, the only kits that I have any real interest in have yet to be released but these 1/48 scale Tamiya ground vehicles are so much fun to build I might just get more of them, who knows.

I hope to finish the Citroen today and then get in more practice painting time with my new airbrushes.

Matrixone

Brian da Basher

"Scribble" camo in 1/144? This will be a blast to watch! If anyone can pull it off superbly, it's you, Matrixone!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

matrixone

Brian,
I am glad you looked at this thread, I have (at last!) started the He 111 and have the pics to prove it. ;D

The scribble camouflage on the 1/144 scale He 111 will be a big challange and I still don't know if I can do it, I want to copy the camouflage pattern many of the He 111s had when the war ended: RLM 76 scribble over RLM 70 and RLM 71.

My Citroen is finished now, I have to wait for the weather to improve to get pics of it.

Matrixone