Space... The Final Frontier...

Started by anthonyp, March 14, 2009, 09:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyp

These are NOT the voyages of the Starship Enterprise...

I had another one of my eBay induced mad visions the other day.  What about Whiffing near-Earth orbit?  I mean, there's been plenty of insta-Whifs put out by model companies over the years (the various 80's Revell space stations and satellites, movie tie-ins, etc), and there's almost as many crazy industrial ideas for getting stuff into orbit as there are fighter plane studies in the last 50 years.

I was thinking all manner of speculative stuff could be come up with for this one.  Something as simple as printing out custom decals for US Space Shuttles, to Anigrand's insta-Whif military Buran, to scale-o-ramaing 1/200 Shuttles into Hope-X and Hermes.  I'd say anything from the birth of the Space Race to near future would be permissible in this one (say 1950 to 2050), no anti-matter powered faster-than-light starships, not gigantic battlestars, etc.

I was also thinking of a Sci-Fi GB, but that'd be for everything you can find on, say, Starship Modeler, while I would like to narrow the focus of this one to somewhat closer to reality, though sufficiently out there to let any guests to the site still think we're a bunch of nutters  ;D

What say you?
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Weaver

Interesting - I have a Revell V2 that's destined to give up it's guts and it's launcher for something else, so the shell could be converted into something Von Braunish......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

JayBee

I miss-read the title of this thread.
I thought it was "Storage Space - The final solution". Drat.

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

frank2056

PR19_Kit

Quote from: frank2056 on March 14, 2009, 12:35:36 PM
I have this scratchbuild:

Hm, that looks like the first entry in the Drop-Tank GB............ :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

nev

Personally, I think for our first "Space" build, a general Sci-Fi theme would be best (rather like the Armour GB last year), then next time we decide to go into orbit, we can narrow the theme down.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

anthonyp

BUMP because I've been on a space kick on evil-bay lately.  What's another SpOC (Space Operations Complex) and another ISS and a couple shuttle stacks of various scales in the grand scheme of things.

Again, this could end up being a one-man GB starring me.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

lenny100

i be up for this had a pland to do a very heavy lift saturn for some time
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

lancer

Quote from: lenny100 on November 27, 2010, 02:21:35 PM
i be up for this had a pland to do a very heavy lift saturn for some time

you could flying under the Heavy Lift/ Volga Dneioer colour scheme then as well
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

pyro-manic

Hmmm - something Orion-ish I think.... :wacko:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Green Dragon

I probably, could be, maybe, sort of, possibly into this.  :thumbsup:
Doing a Revell shuttle for a mate right now.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)