P-38XF or P-38Jhm

Started by Tophe, January 15, 2004, 08:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

I have drawn this P-38XF  :wub:  from a model made by a Mr Fordham, with a picture on the Web that I do not find anymore. Is this man one of us here ? A second nick-name for our dear T-Tail JHM ? :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

nev

Hmm, the name certainly rings a bell..........
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

This imaginative gentleman and excellent modeller contributes to "Military in Scale" and like Vic Scheumann might be Canadian, I think.
:wub:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Captain Canada

Quoteimaginative gentleman

excellent modeller

Canadian
Ah yes, Radish.......

words that always seem to flow together !

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Fordham?  That's Meece you ignorant lot of funny dudes!

If it's Mark Fordham we are talking about, then it's Meece, one of the original creators of this place and long gone since!

<_<  B)  

nev

I told you the name rang a bell!  :lol:  :lol:

I do know he's a kiwi and not a canuck tho :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tophe

:) Thanks, oh I have found it now, thanks Ollie, I misjudged as Excel-98 failed to find it in my file... :(  I did know this name, and Meece should have thought I was stupid sending him this book with thanks for his Do P.256Z without a word for his P-38XF included with his name also, just on next page! Sorry Meece... if you hear us from far New Zealand, close to Lyn's Australia. Your What-if birds were great too...

John Howling Mouse

QuoteA second nick-name for our dear T-Tail JHM ? :)
BTW: My other nickname is simply "Johnny Shabazz."   :D

Where DID Meece end up going, anyhow?
His name is still listed as a moderator and a contact for the site.
Why did he leave this fine bunch of styrene-abusers?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Tophe

QuoteMy other nickname is simply "Johnny Shabazz."
Be careful if you want to visit USA, a peculiar name may be a reason to be refused as "might-be-terrorist"... What-if...?

John Howling Mouse

QuoteMy other nickname is simply "Johnny Shabazz."
Be careful if you want to visit USA, a peculiar name may be a reason to be refused as "might-be-terrorist"... What-if...?
You're so right, Tophe.

And the exotic name also makes it even more of a real bitch to explain the Kalashnikov and grenades falling out from under my "Matrix" style overcoat!

Anyone remember the original "Airplane" movie when the gun and RPG-toting paramilitary types make their way unnoticed through the airport metal detectors?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Martin H

Yeah while the security bods are being heavy handed with an old dear, with a metal walking stick.   Yep love that film...pity the second one was crap.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.