Colours comparison site?

Started by PR19_Kit, December 29, 2008, 03:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Somewhere recently I saw a posting that linked to a site which gave lists of different colours. Model paints by manufacturer were linked to real world FS595 and BS381 colours as well as RGB colours for Paintshop type progs.

Can I find the site or the link?

NO............  >:(

Could some kind whiffer point me in the right direction please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

PR19_Kit

Ian,

Sadly no, but that one looks pretty usefull anyway, thanks for the link.

I'm trying to find the RGB codes for Type D RAF Roundels to make sure my printer comes up with the right colours, but it's proving to be a big problem.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

rallymodeller

If you're looking for RGB values, you'll want Simmers Paintshop Colour Swatches. There is a drop-down menu on teh left of the screen with your choice of RAL, FS in gloss, semi and matt (10000, 20000 and 30000 series) and a number of countries (including the UK). They have the RGB values as well as a hex code if you have Photoshop and can convert to CMYK.
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

PR19_Kit

Jeremy,

THAT's the one! Thanks very much, I knew someone here would know it.

Now I realise that I'd seen the chart via my FS activities (that's Flight Simulation, not Federal Standard....) Too much going on in my head at the same time obviously. :)

Thanks again.

Regards
Kit