Incredible Digital Hornet

Started by Taiidantomcat, November 17, 2008, 10:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

upnorth

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

PanzerWulff

WOW!!!!! I think Lucas's guys at ILM need to take lessons from this guy.HEH HEH HEH now I have a new desktop
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

sotoolslinger

I am so confused . Is that a real model that he built and painted/ decaled in the pixelated camo or is that photoshopped ? :blink:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

jorel62

UNBELIVABLE....... I swear the pilot winked.

Taiidantomcat

He painted it, used Tamiya tape. someone photoshopped the support pole out so it would look even more realistic in some pics but thats it...his SECOND model in 25 years!

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Sisko

Awsome work!!!!!!

I know the amount of work that goes into a job like that. Impressive finish and it does look real!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

lancer

That guy is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! If thats his second model in 25 years, then WOW! I am impressed!!
Although for the life of me what is it about this pixellated cammio that is supposed to do to planes?? Apart from making them look sort of interesting and snazzy modelling subjects??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Taiidantomcat

Well you could make the case that Digital Camo does the same thing to an aircraft that it does to a person-makes them harder to spot by blending smaller colors that appear as one and blend into the background at a distance (remember when you were a kid and you got close to the TV and saw that it was all just red/green/blue bars up close?) Digital works the same way. I swear by the stuff, having seen it work first hand. From more of an aircraft perspective it makes it a lot harder to tell the Attitude of the aircraft because it is painted the same top and bottom.

The USMC painted this Hornet in honor of the USMC's transition to Digital Camouflage and will probably always be a "one off" scheme because the Marines' Aircraft fall under the Navy's Chain of Command and they do things their way with most Marine aircraft expected to follow suit. Having said that it is pretty darn cool!!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

cthulhu77

One of the finest paint jobs I have ever seen. Amazing work.

BlackOps

Holy Moly! That is a serious beauty  :wub:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

GTX

QuoteWell you could make the case that Digital Camo does the same thing to an aircraft that it does to a person-makes them harder to spot by blending smaller colors that appear as one and blend into the background at a distance (remember when you were a kid and you got close to the TV and saw that it was all just red/green/blue bars up close?) Digital works the same way. I swear by the stuff, having seen it work first hand. From more of an aircraft perspective it makes it a lot harder to tell the Attitude of the aircraft because it is painted the same top and bottom.

And one could also argue that if you are close enough that one is relying on visual camouflage these days, you're too close!!!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

noxioux

DAMN.  My digi bug is going in the bin right now. :bow: