Author Topic: Alvis Salamander, Stalwart, Saracen, and Saladin series of 6X6 wheeled vehicles  (Read 42254 times)

Online rickshaw

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
I don't think you'd like the problems the six-wheeled drives causes on long distance journeys.  Downunder, the Saracen APC had to have one crewman pumping oil into it every mile, using special footpumps, while it was moving...   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Offline PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Whiffing since the 70s
Nor the transmission wind-up, you'd need to look for high kerbs to jump off every 100 miles or so, and goodness knows what that would do to all the china and other fragiles aboard the RV.  :o
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Offline kitnut617

• That's got his tum rumbling already just by the sound of it.
Well the real idea was to go off-roading in it ----- I know some really good trails up in the mountains which lead to some really spectacular views. There's lots of high meadows up there which would be perfect camp spots, it's just getting to them.  On the dirt bike maybe about an hours ride, the 4-Wheelers take all day  ;D  And I'm done with the tenting bit of camping, RVing is more what I like these days  :wacko:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Offline Captain Canada

• "but this time it's different. I was drunk when I agreed to it."
I saw some gorgeous AWD RVs when I was travelling around Colorado. Defo the way to go !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?