Main Menu
B

24 hour GB

Started by B777LR, July 10, 2008, 12:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Those Hobby Boss kits are great value for the money, Ed! I probably could've had my "Steampunked" 1-09 done in 24 hours if I hadn't used the cheap craft store paint which required multiple coats. The base kit was a Hobby Boss 109E.

Brian da Basher

nev

Could be interesting - 24hrs, weekend, whatever.

Of course (just to throw another spanner in the works) some of us work weekends  :banghead:

You're never going to get a date that is good for everyone, sometimes you just need to pick a date and run with it.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mossie

I think Thomas' week long deadline was so you could start the build when you wanted.  Start the build whenever you want, as long as you finish it 24 hours (or 48?) from when you start.  Maybe a proviso in the rules that the photo's are date stamped?

I'd like to see if I could do this.  I've got a few simple kits in the stash, including some nice looking 1/144 kits.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

B777LR

Quote from: Mossie on July 17, 2008, 03:38:27 AM
Maybe a proviso in the rules that the photo's are date stamped?

We could just put a requirement for a photo of the parts on the sprue. When that photo is posted, the clock is ticking...

John Howling Mouse

I was thinking about this very same idea but didn't have the nards to mention it in public.

I'm bloody well in and stop your cheeky snickers already about my inability to complete a project within the same year that I start one!    :rolleyes:   I even have the permission of Ms. H. on this one.

A single 24 hour period picked out to suit each modeller's own schedule sometime during a pre-determined week sounds exactly appropriate.  If I gash myself with an X-acto by mistake (as opposed to 'on-purpose'?) I'll upload a pic of that, too, just like Eddie did!

Just one question: can I use homemade decals that have already been printed and ready for use (same as any kit would supply but just that I happen to be the supplier).

I can DO this....I know I can!

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

Give everyone 48 hours to complete their entry and call it the Weekender GB. I like the idea of having a set week from which participants can choose which 48 hours will be their timeframe. Also, we could borrow from the 1 Week GB rules and state that cutting and cleaning up of parts and printing decals beforehand is ok, just no gluing or painting.
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher