snow mobiles and winter figures in 1/72

Started by TsrJoe, July 07, 2008, 06:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsrJoe

hiyas all..do you know if anyone makes modern snow mobiles or winter/parka garbed figures in 1/72 (or even 35th) scale for a 'cold war' diorama project? (hmm thoughts of those old Aurora box arts for the C.119 Boxcar and XB.70 Valkyrie!!  :wacko:)

many thanks, cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Jeffry Fontaine

Joe,

I remember seeing a 1/32 scale snowmobile a long time ago.  It was one of those diecast metal things but it had some really good details.  It may have been one of the Ertl product line. 

As far as figures go in 1/35th scale there is the usual German winter warfare figures such as the FlaK crew from Tamiya and the DML/Dragon StuG and FlaK crew figures with winter garb.  These can be worked into something other than a WWII German soldier with a bit of imagination.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

NARSES2

Joe

There are a few Wargames figure ranges that have US Korean War figures in winter gear. Normally 28mm size
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Jeffry Fontaine

If Jon Farrelly sees this and hopefully remembers the small diorama/vignette depicting a pair of soldiers and a snowmobile in a deep snow setting with a couple of trees.  It was displayed at the IPMS Seattle show two years ago.  Perhaps he remembers diorama or knows the person that built it.  It had a pair of winter/arctic clad soldier figures hiding behind a snow bank with a snowmobile parked next to them.  If I had been able to find the person that built that I would certainly have asked about the source of the snowmobile as that was the first thing that caught my eye in the scene. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

nev

Have you tried AB Figures?  They will almost certainly have some German soldiers in winter gear.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

'Micro Machines' used to make a snow vehcle set. It had a wee snowmobile that was roughly 72nd scale with a few wee dudes in white parkas.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Like these....

http://m2museum.com/Snowmobiles/Snowmobiles.htm

Check around the homepage....tonnes of cool stuff ! Now, where to find it all !

http://m2museum.com/
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

B777LR

Mmm, Micro Machines :wub: Loved those as a kid, especially the tanks :wub:

I have following tanks:

Traxxon Raider
Transport Panzer I
Tiger Tank
Snow Tracker
Renault FT17
Panther Tank
Mk IV male
A lot of Merkava Mk3
M923 5 ton truck
M60A3
M4A3 Sherman
Jeep
Halftrack
Canon
BRDM2 AT5

TsrJoe

cool...hmm...ill have to have a looksee around the toystores to see what i can find...
def be something different to model for sure, the IPMS. Seattle model sounds really neat too...

cheers, Joe

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)