Main Menu

Oh, I Forgot To Mention....

Started by Supertom, August 09, 2007, 02:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supertom

...meet Comrade Anatoly, your new Group Build Commisar.  There are so many group build ideas now that we're having trouble keeping track of them all, and worse yet, organizing them so that we can get your ideas out there and participating.  So he'll be the go-to guy from now on regarding group builds.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

anthonyp

Da, comrades!  I have been given this position to lord it over all of GB-dom!!

...what?

Oh, sorry...

Ahem...  I have been given this position to help facilitate the running of GB's, from keeping track of ideas to their scheduling to, um, etc.

If you've got a GB idea that I've forgotten to include on the calender, or have more info for one of the proposed ones (moderator being captured, er, persuaded, preferred time frame, etc), please PM me, and I'll get the info on the calender.

I've also been given command... (I've got delusions of grandeur, don't I?)... oversight of the Knacker's Yard as well.  I'll be closing old GB's that have either run their course or haven't had a post in over a year.  Yes, this means I'll be closing the beloved by all Soviet Carrier Ops GB, but, comrades, it sailed into history long ago...

One thing we're going to start doing (after we get the next two GB's going, since they've been planned for a while) is going to a Polling system to determine what GB we're going to have next.  There's been some GB's sitting on the calender for a while that probably need revisiting to see if they can't be worked into the schedule.

We're also going to begin shortening GB's to no more than three or four months for the build phase, because the participation seems to be the same whether the GB is short or long.

Also, with the shortening of them, it will in theory allow us to get to other GB's quicker, so if one doesn't suit you, you won't have to wait too long for another to begin.

Like I said, if you've got a Group Build concern/idea/what-have-you, PM me.

Commisar Anatoly Iosef Pakizorich, People's Speculative Themed Group Build Bureau
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

nev

If I only I had known 10 minutes ago comrade, I would have put vodka on my shredded wheat instead of milk, as a celebration of your service to the motherland!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Brian da Basher

Congratulations Commisar Anatoly! I know you will serve the Mother-whiff well!

Brian da Basher

GTX

Since you're now in the role, may I ask that we have a calendar (beyond just the next 5 days) or similar developed (as a thread if need be) so that all the upcoming GBs may be easily seen and that one can see not only wha't coming up but also when there isn't anything yet booked in - I have a few GB suggestions but don't want to crowd things too much.  Also, whilst on that topic, how about a single thread for new GB suggestions?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

anthonyp

QuoteSince you're now in the role, may I ask that we have a calendar (beyond just the next 5 days) or similar developed (as a thread if need be) so that all the upcoming GBs may be easily seen and that one can see not only wha't coming up but also when there isn't anything yet booked in - I have a few GB suggestions but don't want to crowd things too much.  Also, whilst on that topic, how about a single thread for new GB suggestions?

Regards,

Greg
We do.  See the thread underneath this one.

And since I'm updating that calender, feel free to shoot off some potential GB threads in this forum in order to at least gauge interest.  I'd rather not do one single thread for GB suggestions since that has the potential to go off-topic with a bunch of "I like that!" or "I'm in for that GB" posts.

Like I said, for future GB's we'll be going to a poll-based system to determine what we do next, with one kicking off roughly every four to five weeks as another ends.  We'll probably start doing that when the USAF build ends.

And Comrades, we must all make sacrifices to the Mother-Wif!  I, for example, am giving up bread.  Vodka will stay, but the bread must be sacrificed!
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

lancer

QuoteAnd Comrades, we must all make sacrifices to the Mother-Wif!  I, for example, am giving up bread.  Vodka will stay, but the bread must be sacrificed!
A most noble sacrifice for the service of the motherland Comrade. The GRU Salutes you!!

Lancerov, Colonel GRU
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

GTX

QuoteI, for example, am giving up bread. Vodka will stay, but the bread must be sacrificed!

The latest intel gained from the decadent capitalists indicates that it is high in Carbs which aren't good for you anyway, comrade.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!