He-177 as a '46 VIP Presidential Project

Started by ysi_maniac, December 16, 2022, 09:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

I begun this project in 1999 to create a liner from a bomber. Grief's fuselage only allow 2 abreast seats and a central aisle. So, just a few passenger and 1 or two cabin crew. IMO, this meant a Business or VIP or, perhaps, a Presidential plane. Between 8 passenger in seats to 4 with seats and beds, a meeting table, ...

I did'n decided how to address the power plant issue until last month: Turboprop

One requirement was global reach, hence beds, even for crew.

Underwing, extra large tanks. Tank "german shape" was mandatory.  ;D 8)

Will die without understanding this world.

SPINNERS

loupgarou

Yes, a very great idea. I Imagine the VIPs will be grateful for the engine change, would have been quite jittery in a plane with the original engines.  ;D
The kit is the ancient Airfix one?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

sandiego89

Nice! they might want some hearing protection in those fancy lower berths! 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PALG

this is the kind of stuff i really like.  I'm all eyes on this one.

And i'm so relieved to know there's others with projects longer than mine - i'm chagrined to a standstill by the fact i haven't completed my  Nazi jetliner project commenced in 2009....but your 1999 makes me feel so much better.

Dizzyfugu

Nice, but which sane VIP might enter and even fly with a He 177?  ;)

Wardukw

The 177 did have that rather annoying problem of over heating the crap out of it engines and catching fire so the turbo shafts is a good idea but also rather loud so they'll just use a ton of insulation to knock out the noise..this will be a one of a kind presidential plane for sure  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .