HIGH ENCOUNTER 1961

Started by rickshaw, December 12, 2020, 09:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

HIGH ENCOUNTER 1961 - How the RAF used to be.  Valiants over Africa. :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

kitbasher

Great air-to-air shots, so many non-commissioned aristocrats!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

One to save for sure.  :thumbsup:

That looks like the RAF that I remember too.  ;D

That IFR procedure was very interesting, odd that the tanker did the whole job with the main bomb bay doors open, but it gave those of us with the Airfix Valant tanker conversion lots of nice close up detail pics.  :thumbsup:

And I didn't realise just how much hose the receiver had to push back in before the fuel started flowing, pretty much half the length of hose deployed!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

What I found interesting is how good the sound proofing inside the Valiant was.  Much better than commerical modern airlines in fact.  Not a sound of the air passing around the cockpit at all...   :banghead:

Nick

I suspect one of the squadrons Valiants main payload was Brylcreem  ;D

Very nice and clear footage of the inflight refueling.

sandiego89

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 13, 2020, 02:30:49 AM

That IFR procedure was very interesting, odd that the tanker did the whole job with the main bomb bay doors open, but it gave those of us with the Airfix Valant tanker conversion lots of nice close up detail pics.  :thumbsup:

And I didn't realise just how much hose the receiver had to push back in before the fuel started flowing, pretty much half the length of hose deployed!

Great images indeed.  I wonder if the bomb bay needed to stay open when the door over the reel was open?  I recall the B-36 had to open the gun doors when the bomb bay doors were open to relieve pressure.  I too have the Valiant tanker conversion kit begging for installation, but you beat me to it with your superb Sea Master fit. 

-Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

rickshaw

How the RAF liked to portray itself - The High Flight 1957.  Somehow I doubt they'd really allow that sort of shenanigans to go on...   :o

And what it was like in 1975:Fly with the RAF :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on December 18, 2020, 07:40:18 PM

Somehow I doubt they'd really allow that sort of shenanigans to go on...   :o

You'd be surprised............................  ;) ;) ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit