Das Werk

Started by NARSES2, July 31, 2019, 06:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

In a possible sign of a reaction to the super detailed model which you spend an age on fitting the interior out and then can't see a thing Das Werk are releasing some of their 1/35 Panther kits without the normal interior fittings.

Has the pendulum started to swing or did they simply not have enough interior sprues moulded ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Miniart (I think - correct me if i'm wrong) produce two versions of their more detailed armour - with and without interior.  A good idea if you ask me.

But if you were not satisfied with the trials and tribulations of fitting out a 1/35 interior, I have a Hobby Boss T34 with full interior detail (including engine & transmission) in 1/48.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I also think it's a good idea.

Interestingly the IBG Crusader AA tank I'm going to build has taken the minimalist approach to the running gear and track assembly which is one of the reasons I bought it.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I don't like rubber band tracks but I can see that the novelty of working individual link tracks would very quickly wear off.  Link and length seems to be a good compromise in 1/35 and 1/48.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 03, 2019, 05:22:08 AM
I don't like rubber band tracks but I can see that the novelty of working individual link tracks would very quickly wear off.  Link and length seems to be a good compromise in 1/35 and 1/48.

The IBG Crusader has the tracks moulded complete with the inside of the running gear and you attach the individual outer running gear parts to that. Very simple and in 1/72 very practical especially as the Crusader has minimal track sag, if any.

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on August 03, 2019, 05:22:08 AM

Yes!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

rickshaw

I actually prefer the rubber band style of track - if they are molded well,  I look with horror at the amount of work required by individual track links or even link and length tracks.  I am, I know, a lazy modeller.   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

I don't think I ever found a practical solution to joining those old Airfix tracks. In the end I'd be nice to my mum for a few days and she'd sew them together for me  :thumbsup:

zenrat

I used to put  the join over a return roller behind a skirt if possible, or under road wheel if not, and then flood it with tube glue.  It made a sticky mess which adhered to the styrene part it was sat on/under.  Never very satisfactory.
Fred