The Engines - More or Less GB :The Rules

Started by NARSES2, June 18, 2019, 06:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Right gents here's the draft rules for your perusal. Couple of weeks to sort out/confirm before we kick off.

Chris

1. This GB runs from the 1st July 2019 until midnight of 30th September 2019, all timings are local.

Extensions will be considered in the normal way nearer the date.

2. Quite simply your build must include/involve the addition of an engine/engines or the subtraction of an engine/engines from whatever is your starting point. So in simple terms turn a single engined aircraft into a twin engined one or maybe a tri-motor into a bi-motor ?

3. Models, drawings, artwork and stories are all eligible.

4. Models already started are allowed as long as major building work has not started before the GB begins. Check with the Moderators. 

5. Finished models and profiles to be posted (with picture and link to build thread) in the finished builds thread within the overall GB thread in this Board. Please do not post comments in the finished builds thread.

6. Have FUN. 

8. Moderators are Rickshaw and PR19 Kit.

9. There is no rule 7, don't EVER ask about rule 7 (O.K. so sometimes it's Rule 6 that doesn't get mentioned, but Rule 7 had a right moan about being overworked last time out so I gave in ).
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

perttime

Just a random thought:
I suppose Rule 2 would cover adding engine(s) to a subject that never had any, or removing all engines from a subject that had one (or more).

PR19_Kit

It does indeed, either of those scenarios is acceptable.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

How about changing the type of engines? Prop to jet? Turbo prop to warp drive? Maybe as long as it includes changing the number of engines?
Assuming C-130s will be built forever a Federation model with warp drive engines popped into my head.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

The mods will discuss that idea and get back to you.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

jalles

Quote from: kerick on June 18, 2019, 01:00:50 PM
How about changing the type of engines? Prop to jet?

I'd like to know this as well, I was thinking of going from twin turboprop to four jets.

zenrat

In the 2017 1WGB Tophe posted this pic combining Mustangs and Dinahs.

I have been planning since then to build the left hand one.  Is it eligible for this GB?
I strongly believe it is a Mustang with two engines (in line with Tophe's goal of drawing every possible Mustang variation) even if about 2/3 of the plastic will be Dinah.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on June 18, 2019, 01:00:50 PM

How about changing the type of engines? Prop to jet? Turbo prop to warp drive? Maybe as long as it includes changing the number of engines?
Assuming C-130s will be built forever a Federation model with warp drive engines popped into my head.

Yes, that's fine.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 18, 2019, 04:14:14 PM

I have been planning since then to build the left hand one.  Is it eligible for this GB?
I strongly believe it is a Mustang with two engines (in line with Tophe's goal of drawing every possible Mustang variation) even if about 2/3 of the plastic will be Dinah.

And he's doing every IMpossible variation too!  ;D

And yes, you're good to go with that idea Fred.

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Oh yes!! This is perfect. I was already planning a quad engined super-stretch Caravelle so I'll do it here.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

The Rat

There is actually a rule 6.

I feel a great disturbance in The Force.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Weaver

Does an additional engine or engines have to be an integral part of the structure? If not, then the addition of RATO bottles or a ZELL booster to just about anything could count as 'adding an engine'...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 18, 2019, 04:39:23 PM
Quote from: zenrat on June 18, 2019, 04:14:14 PM

And he's doing every IMpossible variation too!  ;D

And yes, you're good to go with that idea Fred.

Cool.  I'll order more filler...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

Hmm, a long abandoned idea comes to mind.
:thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.