Project Swapshop - an update

Started by Bungle, September 29, 2017, 07:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

Haven't actually posted any models on here for sometime. Mainly doing real world but as we all know that can get boring  :-\

So there was I clearing out a lot of kits, thinning the stash when I came upon the Emhar Lockheed F-94C Starfire and I thought I'd give that a go. As soon as I started a little voice said   :wacko:'RAF , it's got to be RAF' :wacko: so who am I to ignore that little voice (it also works in modelshops, outside chipshops and anytime I'm near a bar). So yes it was going to be RAF ..... decals from the spares box ?? or how about from the Airfix Swift I hadn't yet secreted into the stash of forgotten souls. And with that came how do I dress the Swift.... in the Starfires garb.... and so started Project Swapshop

Nothing fancy here OOB builds but each aircraft wearing the others decals.....
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Bungle

So with no further adieu, no Noel Edmonds, no furry sidekick (excluding SWMBO) Project Swapshop starts with the Lockheed F-94C Swift and the Supermarine Starfire F.1

Lockheed F-94C Swift

Supermarine Starfire F.1

Together....

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Gondor

They look rather nice, especially the F-94  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Bungle

Post #2

Project Swapshop

The Cessna A-167 Strikemaster

BAC 37 Provost Bird

Together

More to come  ;D

Old Wombat

The Strikemaster & the Provost almost look like the same bleedin' plane anyway! :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

I thought the camo'd JP WAS an A-37 to kick off!

The Swift looks superb in USAF markings.  :thumbsup:

Darn good idea that, Javelin/Scorpion? Valiant/B-47? KC-135/VC10?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Bungle

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 29, 2017, 08:41:24 AM
Darn good idea that, Javelin/Scorpion? Valiant/B-47? KC-135/VC10?

Well thank you... nothing so (big) obvious.  Just completed waiting their photoshoot - a Henschel Hs-11C Hühnerhabicht  and a Curtiss F123-A1

kerick

The Starfire/Swift switch is great! Wish I had thought of that!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Agreed, the Starfire/Swift swap works well.

Seahawk/Skyray?

NARSES2

Really nice builds but favourite is the F-94C Swift  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Gondor on September 29, 2017, 07:57:02 AM
They look rather nice, especially the F-94  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Second that, and confirms my plan to build an F-94 in a similar livery (not RAF, though, but another NATO partner). Will be a Heller F-94B, though, but no idea when it might materialize.
The Swift looks sexy in the USAF markings, too.  :thumbsup:, twice.

Weaver

They're all nice, but the Starfire in RAF markings is really a star. Still trying to work out exactly why: maybe it looks too old-fashioned for it's real-world silver livery and it sits better with the Meteor/Vampire generation in cammo? Anyway, well done! :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Bungle

Post #3

Project Swapshop

Henschel Hs-11C Hühnerhabicht

Curtiss F123-A1

Together

More to come.... on the table Yakolev Yak-130-200  and a BAe 130 Hawk II

PR19_Kit

Are you SURE you swapped the paint jobs on those two? They look very RW to me, but I don't 'see' biplanes really.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit