Japanese Mistel

Started by Librarian, July 03, 2017, 03:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

Something else I've been fiddling with...spot the changes ;D:

Had some fun painting a stylised cherry blossom on the warhead but don't really like the result.

Big thank you to Scooter for the sizing help :thumbsup:

Librarian

Been stalled for a coupla days 'cos I can't decide on camo :banghead: Love to do one of those frankenschemes seen at the end of the war...real mish-mash of colours. Might just paint the Mistel like a bomb...no markings but the 190 could be camo-ed like the earlier P-47. Coin-tossing time Harvey ;D

zenrat

Would you even bother painting the weapon?  Do it in NMF maybe with lots of different metal shades and maybe even some corrosion?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Librarian

...or maybe, being based on the Ta-154, wood/plywood finish ;D.

FW190 was looking just too 190...that cowling had to go, so:

Aaaaah...that's better. G&T time methinks :wacko: I'll have to write in some reason why the upper-decking guns have been omitted :banghead:

nighthunter

Simple, Kamikaze, didn't need them, saved for imminent invasion of the home islands. 
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

zenrat

Quote from: Librarian on July 04, 2017, 12:12:52 PM
...or maybe, being based on the Ta-154, wood/plywood finish ;D...

I thought it was a Ju88.  Probably made that mistake because it's in the wrong scale... :mellow:
So, lots of woodgrain painting.  Go on, you know you want to...

;)
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Librarian

Quote from: nighthunter on July 04, 2017, 07:47:04 PM
Simple, Kamikaze, didn't need them, saved for imminent invasion of the home islands.

Much as I have enormous respect for the volunteer pilots of the special attack squadrons they are NOT taking part in my whif-world. This combo will also be on the Ostfront, the 'bomb' being used against the factory complexes of Magnitogorsk.

nighthunter

Quote from: Librarian on July 05, 2017, 05:31:18 AM
Quote from: nighthunter on July 04, 2017, 07:47:04 PM

Much as I have enormous respect for the volunteer pilots of the special attack squadrons they are NOT taking part in my whif-world. This combo will also be on the Ostfront, the 'bomb' being used against the factory complexes of Magnitogorsk.
Hai, Librarian-san, I understand, 'twas just a suggestion. Other option, they were removed to save weight and to keep pilots from engaging in unnecessary dogfights on their return home.

Old Wombat

Or you could put a couple of brass tubes poking out near the top in the upper cowl intakes as barrels, that way they haven't gone anywhere. Still there but different. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Librarian

Ditched the 190...not a fan to start with, and then couple that emotion with a depressingly bad model kit. I was warned off the Trimaster/Dragon/Revell mold years ago. My one and only  foray into 190 territory was with Tamiya (practically a snap-fit kit :thumbsup:) Used this one 'cos it came with the Mistel combo. YUK!!

Tried to improve the looks but I was just not enjoying the experience :banghead:.

Anyway, chosen a better alternative so will start on that when it (the weather) cools down a bit.

nighthunter

Better luck with the replacement!

zenrat

On the plus side, using something other than an FW190 will make it harder to identify (although it fooled me as it was - but that's not too hard).

If google translate is to be believed Mistel in Japanese is Yadorigi BTW.

How about a rising sun on the nose of the weapon?  Red centre on a white background with red rays coming from it?
Fred

nighthunter

Quote from: zenrat on July 06, 2017, 03:51:53 PM
How about a rising sun on the nose of the weapon?  Red centre on a white background with red rays coming from it?

That's brilliant!

Librarian

Took some days off with models placed out of sight, out of mind. Needed a break as the heat and short sleep periods were wearing me down.

I HATE giving up on a model. Apart from the above I was battling the 190 kit itself and the cowling issue. 190 is back on, but removed the cowling to have a good think. Getting there but its taking a lot longer than normal....

Librarian

Hello children. This is Masamune Mistel shortly before wiping the smug grin off Gordon's face by scoring a direct hit on the engine sheds at Sodor....

[imgwidth=600]http://[/img]

[imgwidth=600]http://[/img]

Seriously, finally managed to get some work done. Not sure about the face...supposed to be a stylised Stalin but looks more like Zapata :banghead:. 190 is starting to look nice...getting there :thumbsup:.