Myasischev M-50 Bounder

Started by General Melchet, September 16, 2009, 07:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Melchet

Hi there, I know it's not really a 'WIF' but it's a cool looking machine all the same, and as I'm planning on doing a conversion from prototype M-50 to the planned operational missile carrying M-52 with the smaller Anigrand model I thought it would fit the bill!! A few of you have been kind enough to pm me about the kit so here it is, Amodels 1/72nd M-50, resin impregnated plastic and IM kit.....( without doubt Amodels finest effort to date!)...

Hope you like it,

:cheers:

Andy

Did I mention that it's rather a large beastie!!.against my Airfix Vulcan, the wingspan and area are almost the same, only it's twice the length !!!.

And finally with the B-70....starting to run out of room here!!!

Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

ChernayaAkula

What a magnificent monster!  :bow: Leave it to the Russians to build aircraft that look like comic book starships!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mossie

Remember seeing this on the Cold War SIG table at Cosford, lovely job! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

General Melchet

Thanks chaps, yep those Rooskies came up with some wonderful designs didn't they ;D ..staggering to think that all these aircraft were designed in the '50's....a time of amazing technical advances..
Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

nev

Having been lucky enough to see this in the flesh I can confirm

1)  Its enormous :o

2)  Its a fantastic piece of modelling.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Cobra

Awesome Job!!!!!!!!!! tell me this Doesn't look like it would come from 'Thunderbirds'!!!!!!!! thanks for Posting!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

General Melchet

Thanks fellas, Gerry Anderson certainly could have used one of these beauties, it just oozes 50's and 60's sci fi...........

:cheers:

Brian da Basher

General Melchet

Vulcan7

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

thedarkmaster

It's a real thing of beuty   :thumbsup:  :wub:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Sauragnmon

That it does, oozing 50/60's scifi - the whole design of the bird just looks awesome.  The ship also looks quite fitting sitting beside the Fishbed, she's just awesome with that sharp tailed delta look.

She's an absolute monster of a plane, and just looks awesome.  Nice work, man.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

General Melchet

Cheers all, here's some footage of the old monster, taken at Zhukovskii in the early 50's. I based the models finish on this version of the first prototype, as the two others I've seen completed carry the light grey/white one off scheme applied  specially for the 1963 Tushino airshow, just thought I'd be a bit different.....

enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF3zGCra1e4

Das General...

rickshaw

Quote from: General Melchet on September 17, 2009, 01:51:45 AM
Cheers all, here's some footage of the old monster, taken at Zhukovskii in the early 50's. I based the models finish on this version of the first prototype, as the two others I've seen completed carry the light grey/white one off scheme applied  specially for the 1963 Tushino airshow, just thought I'd be a bit different.....

enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF3zGCra1e4

Das General...

It must have been an adventure in itself, just getting in and out of those downward lowered seats for the crew!   :o
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.