Big British Cat

Started by sudzonic, November 25, 2008, 12:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sudzonic

Hay all this is my first post so hello :cheers:

Been working on this for a while //http://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=110450&page=1

Let me know what you think?

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

Hobbes

So, a Leopard 2 in British service?
Hm, Chobham armour, desert camo?

Sauragnmon

Looked over at your thread over on Armorama, looks like some serious rebuild going on there, and she's coming along pretty damn spiffy!

Interesting anti-IED device, wonder how those work out over there.

Slat armor is looking good too.

Love the skirt extensions, and the mud flaps.

Interesting place to mount the .50cal but perhaps is it sitting too high?  It seems a little tall, you might want to height check it.

Still going to do the Remote Weapons Station mounting?
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Maverick

Sounds well interesting to be sure.  I couldn't get over the whining from the rivet-counters though.  Jeez... :banghead:  They obviously have little concept of the whole phrase 'What If'.  For me, I'd drop the 50 cal.  The Brits haven't used the weapon as a Tank AAMG since WW2.  I'd stick with the Gimpie.

Regards,

Mav

Sauragnmon

John, they're JMN's and Rivetcounters, what else would you expect from them?  You should have seen the response I got over at J-Aircraft when I went to them looking for ideas for my In-Service Shinden project.  They thought I was long gone off my rocker.  It was hilarious to me, but yeah, it can be daunting to those just starting off into the What If regions of the world.  The only place I've really not run into JMN's in the militant sense is Modelwarships - those guys love a little Whif with their Schiffe, and it's all good for them.  Hell, some of the guys have shipped me parts for my Whiffage, Gratis.  Always groovy stuff, and the guys are good for thought bouncing too.

Militant JMN's are really a tricky group to deal with, and you have to get the hang for the subtle means to dealing with them in order to get what you need from them.  They still have great ideas, some of them, and can be quite helpful in producing some truely interesting ideas, but you gotta deal with them right, or you're just wasting your time.  I learned that one.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

The Rat

Notice that the first guy over there to pipe up with "Great whiffer idea." is a Canuck? We're all crazy!  :wacko:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Sauragnmon

First point - Sanity is for the weak!

Second point - It takes a degree of insanity to live up here!  All the ones who emigrate south just don't have the stones to live up here, man!

Third point - Canada Kicks Arse! Bigtime!

PanzerWulff

Ohhhhhh Yea!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: your Leo looks to be a beauty I can't wait to see more 1 question though are you planning to add the canvas "Drapes" to your skirts? I know the challenger 2 sometimes has them,If so I reccomend "Wash'n Dri towelettes in the lil packets they make Great canvas in 1/35.So in parting
From the resident Armor Junkie Welcome to the nuthouse our # of Treadheads is growing
Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

sudzonic

Thanks guys took a lot of flack for it initially but they seem to have warmed to the idea now.

the .50 cal is mounted on the rws from the stryker the newest system on the chally 2 is designed to mount a .50 cal so think I'm gonna stick with it.

great tip for the dust skirts was trying to work out how to do them.

nev

Hi Scott, welcome aboard :)  Nice looking project you got there - you'll find a lot of Leo fans on here...
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

sudzonic

Got some more ideas going will try and get some pics up soon i am working on another leo for the big cats group build so it has  taken a back seat for the moment.

Any other ideas are welcome tho. :thumbsup:

Sisko

I like it!  :thumbsup: Nice to some armour here from time to time.

I have always contemplated doing an Aussie Leopard.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

rallymodeller

Wicked stuff! Seeing as how I am doing not one but three armour whiffs at the moment, I says more power to you!
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

sudzonic

Hay guys thought i would update this.

Sauragnmon

Looks like she's making some progress, Sudz - keep up the work and keep on trucking, mate.