Kogi III Jetto, FINISHED page 2

Started by Tophe, February 23, 2019, 07:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on January 16, 2019, 06:52:28 AM
from http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,46069.60.html
Quote from: Tophe on January 12, 2019, 09:53:32 AM
My father sent me money unexpectedly for the new year, in case this is his last year (or mine) :-\
I ordered at Unicraft the Kogiken III twin-fuselage and the Mitsubishi Zero twin-boomer (radial Fokker D-XXIII), then a 1/144 F-16 to complete (I will turn it into a tail-sitter), and there was still a little money remaining: a Zwezda Ju-87 1/144. Thanks Daddy! ;D
I am going to start building this Unicraft unknown twin-fuselage plane, as a twin-jet plane (with jet in booms)... ;)

Google translate found no meaning for Kogiken while the Web was saying Kogiken designs have been developped by Rikugun, Nakajima, Mitsubishi. I have found no Japanese word looking like Kogiken except Kogi = respiratory, anf Jetto means jet.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

I will use only half of the parts + a Heller P-51D canopy from the spare box (as I am too bad a modeller to handle properly thermoformed canopies)

Tophe

And starting to glue:

My what-ifing principle will be: no radial engines but nose big air intakes, and rear of the booms cut away + T-T tail (pi-tail).

Tophe

Putty time now for the fuselages and tailplane.
Truncating for the wings, and I will not use the middle part (this will be a very-low-wing plane with fuselages not very distant as there are no propellers risking intermeshing/hurting).

The Rat

Quote from: Tophe on February 23, 2019, 07:59:44 AM
And starting to glue:

My what-ifing principle will be: no radial engines but nose big air intakes, and rear of the booms cut away + T-T tail (pi-tail).

Wow, that looks crude.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

kerick

This should be quite interesting to see come together. Looks like fun.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Quote from: The Rat on February 24, 2019, 12:59:46 PM
Wow, that looks crude.
Quote from: kerick on February 24, 2019, 04:50:43 PM
Yes, Unicraft models belong to the "short run" part of the kits proposal, on rare subjects that are not proposed by "perfect" manufacturers (Heller, Revell, Airfix...).
Getting some result from such a raw basis is not easy, and I find this pleasant.
Personally, I am a bad modeller, unable to build a very realistic what-if from a perfect kit, but my own fun/particular skill is trying to build something crazy and satisfactory (for me) from a raw basis.

kerick

Quote from: Tophe on February 24, 2019, 06:24:10 PM
Quote from: The Rat on February 24, 2019, 12:59:46 PM
Wow, that looks crude.
Quote from: kerick on February 24, 2019, 04:50:43 PM
Yes, Unicraft models belong to the "short run" part of the kits proposal, on rare subjects that are not proposed by "perfect" manufacturers (Heller, Revell, Airfix...).
Getting some result from such a raw basis is not easy, and I find this pleasant.
Personally, I am a bad modeller, unable to build a very realistic what-if from a perfect kit, but my own fun/particular skill is trying to build something crazy and satisfactory (for me) from a raw basis.

Well you are very good at the crazy part, that is for sure! Love it!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

<_< Thanks for your accepting my craziness with a smile (I am out of work forever now because of "mental illness" doctors say :unsure: :-\ )

Tophe

Here is the top view of my project:

Tophe

The port fuselage is taking shape (with a P-51D canopy from the spare box):

kerick

Quote from: Tophe on February 25, 2019, 12:11:19 AM
<_< Thanks for your accepting my craziness with a smile (I am out of work forever now because of "mental illness" doctors say :unsure: :-\ )

Your creativity is always welcome here!
That's quite a challenge working with that resin kit. Waiting to see more.
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Thanks a lot! ;)

Now going on:
- port fuselage: adding putty for the canopy to match the fuselage
- starboard fuselage: sanding then adding putty again (and cutting the tail for jet exhaust)
- wing: sanding done
- tailplane: failure in sanding (all the putty went away) then putty addition again

Tophe

Tophe