My Stash Grew Again 2019

Started by Howard of Effingham, December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

From the 'Big H'......

3 1/72 Airfix RAF Phantom FGR2. Looks a lovely kit and has even more weapons than the 'Senior Service' variant.

Also got some EB and resin as well.

(Edited so that it didnt read like the resin & etch were included in the kit  ;) G)
Keeper of George the Cat.

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on January 10, 2019, 02:49:34 AM
Any chance of a video of it in action?

Please and thank you.

Ask and ye shall receive: https://youtu.be/lZeI_UsyUeQ

You realise you've made me a Youtuber now, right? Couple of hundred videos of me sitting in my bedroom talking about my anxiety, introversion and geekiness incoming.... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on January 11, 2019, 03:51:02 AM

Please and thank you.

You realise you've made me a Youtuber now, right? Couple of hundred videos of me sitting in my bedroom talking about my anxiety, introversion and geekiness incoming.... ;)

Fantastic.  Worth popping your U-Tube cherry for.
Thank you.
Now, how about some videos of you playing Kerbal with your talking head in the corner?  ;D

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on January 11, 2019, 04:11:46 AM

Please and thank you.

Thank you.
Now, how about some videos of you playing Kerbal with your talking head in the corner?  ;D

Regrettably, since my PC has slightly less computing power than the real Apollo guidance computer, it hasn't been able to even run KSP stably, let alone run it while recording both the game and my ugly mug, since the days when Jebediah Kermin still believed Werner Von Kermin's promises... :angry:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 11, 2019, 12:51:26 AM
Brad, the Iskra looks a cute lil thing, too.  :thumbsup:

I only read a review of that kit this morning and it was very favourable  :thumbsup:

Meanwhile I received a small package from our own Chris Hall this morning which contained rather a lot of mainly WWII style bombs from various nationalities, including some nice early War shapes which I was particularly after.

Thanks Chris  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 11, 2019, 05:59:06 AM

I only read a review of that kit this morning and it was very favourable  :thumbsup:

Meanwhile I received a small package from our own Chris Hall this morning which contained rather a lot of mainly WWII style bombs from various nationalities, including some nice early War shapes which I was particularly after.

Thanks Chris  :thumbsup:
Glad they are of use to you Chris, and you are very welcome :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

TheChronicOne

Yeah.. it looks really good! I'd been waiting on one of these to appear for a decent price and this one showed up. It was cheaper than the run of the mill version. This one comes with a slew of decal options, PE, resin parts and all that good stuff. I have to admit the box art drew me in, too. Is this the computer-ey stuff? Looks like it to me. CGI? If so, it's some of the better CGI and the nice colors and how cool the plane looks...   caught my eye. I think it's a very cool looking jet, even if it ain't got much "teeth."

Oh and a quick glance at the innards had them looking very nice, as well.  :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: strobez on January 10, 2019, 11:16:26 PM
Just got my hands on a Heller 1/72 L-749 Constellation. Given that I usually gravitate to 1/144 kits... this one looks like a monster!
Dude it's Monster-ish, isn't it? I have the USN boxing with the radar hump on the top. I used to sit it up on the cupboard as decoration but I knocked it over once and twice and that was the end of that. Too damn big to put anywhere else so off into "cold storage" she went. (under the bed)   ;D

You going to build that one any time soon? I'd love to follow allong that.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on January 11, 2019, 04:11:46 AM

Please and thank you.

Thank you.

;D ;D ;D   That would be awesome.  ;D   

I used to watch Robbaz when he played it. I'd love to get the game myself but if I did, I may as well huck all my models into the dumpster.
-Sprues McDuck-

Gondor

Received from the big yellow H today

2 x 1/72 Airfix FGR.2 Phantoms which cost me only £4.18 in total, I have another on back order so should receive another one soon.

The cost was greatly reduced by a voucher from the other half for Christmas  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Riksbar

Scouring my local Home Bargains (UK Only) for 1kg of winegums for £1.99 when I came across 1:48 Revell F-105D T-Stick II Thuds for £4.99 each.  I couldn't resist :thumbsup:
"Inconceivable!"

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Spey_Phantom

just got back from my first trip, north of the border, to Holland this year  :thumbsup:
got some new stash additions.

-Dragon 1/72 Modern Soviet Aircraft Weapons (Set 3: Rockets & Bombs, gift from the wife  ;D)
-Italeri 1/72 MH-6A Cayuse
-Revell 1/72 Haunebu II (finally)
-Revell 1/144 F-14D Super Tomcat (gift from the wife  ;D)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

AeroplaneDriver

From a clearance sale at Squadron, 1/48 HB Hawk T.67...

Likely to be built as on of the 18 built for Iraq in the late 80s, but then left undelivered following the 1990 invasion of Kuwait.  After sitting in limbo for a year they were diverted to the RAF to form two RAuxAF squadrons. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

kitnut617

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on January 12, 2019, 08:20:16 AM
From a clearance sale at Squadron, 1/48 HB Hawk T.67...

Likely to be built as on of the 18 built for Iraq in the late 80s, but then left undelivered following the 1990 invasion of Kuwait.  After sitting in limbo for a year they were diverted to the RAF to form two RAuxAF squadrons.

Is that a "Mk.67/T-59" AD ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Tophe

My father sent me money unexpectedly for the new year, in case this is his last year (or mine) :-\
I ordered at Unicraft the Kogiken III twin-fuselage and the Mitsubishi Zero twin-boomer (radial Fokker D-XXIII), then a 1/144 F-16 to complete (I will turn it into a tail-sitter), and there was still a little money remaining: a Zwezda Ju-87 1/144. Thanks Daddy! ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]