Fokitsubishi Zero-zen

Started by Tophe, February 05, 2019, 07:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on January 16, 2019, 06:52:28 AM
from http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,46069.60.html
Quote from: Tophe on January 12, 2019, 09:53:32 AM
My father sent me money unexpectedly for the new year, in case this is his last year (or mine) :-\
I ordered at Unicraft the Kogiken III twin-fuselage and the Mitsubishi Zero twin-boomer (radial Fokker D-XXIII), then a 1/144 F-16 to complete (I will turn it into a tail-sitter), and there was still a little money remaining: a Zwezda Ju-87 1/144. Thanks Daddy! ;D
I am going to start building this Unicraft unknown twin-boomer, with happiness, even if this is never easy... ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Here are the few parts I plan to use:

My goal is to use the radial engines, instead of push-pull with propellers: rather as little jets on the rear lateral sides of the pod, like a twin-boom A-10...

Tophe

To explain my project, I show you how Lockheed made the same (not Fokker-Mitsubishi there): I will build like the first (rejected) design below:

NARSES2

Ah the delights of Unicraft  ;)

Looking forward to see what you do with this Tophe
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Thanks.
I have started gluing, including spinners (without radial engines) as support for putty:

Tophe

I have truncated the wings, as usual:

(Sorry for this heresy, dear PR19_Kit, but I lack room...) :-\ ;)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Tophe on February 07, 2019, 02:55:15 AM

(Sorry for this heresy, dear PR19_Kit, but I lack room...) :-\ ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D You're forgiven Tophe, it's OK.  :thumbsup:

Those Unicraft 'mouldings' certainly need some clean-up, they're pretty rough!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 07, 2019, 04:31:11 AM

Those Unicraft 'mouldings' certainly need some clean-up, they're pretty rough!

Obviously had a good breakfast Kit ? That's a very polite way of putting it  :angel: ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

I think Tophe has found the best thing to do with a Unicraft kit. Closely followed by putting it in a blender. :rolleyes:
I shall be watching this one for sure
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on February 07, 2019, 07:30:38 AM
I think Tophe has found the best thing to do with a Unicraft kit. Closely followed by putting it in a blender. :rolleyes:
I shall be watching this one for sure
Chris

;D ;D

Tophe

Thanks! (it makes me feel like I have the skill to turn Unicraft kits into something... I lack skills about undercarriage, camo painting, canopy frames, decal creation, BUT I have some skill of my own...) ;D

Now I have sawed away the belly air scoop, no pusher radial so no ventral air scoop, this is (almost) logical...

kerick

That kit sure looks small! Carry on my friend, this looks very interesting.   :thumbsup:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Thanks.
Now 3 more pictures, going on:
- the radial cowlings are different for pusher and tractor what is no problem, but for my twin-jet, this will be port/starboard asymmetry: weird! (I like it)
- the first sanding is done but many imperfect points require putty again
- so: putty again on the pod (first part, starboard)

Tophe

Sanding seems finished then gluing the first little big jet:

Tophe