Boboeing 7474 Jumbobo

Started by Tophe, June 08, 2018, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

In the 1970s (circa 1976, I was 12 year old), I built a Boeing 747 Heller 1/125 (about 1.85 ft long 1.56 ft wide), then in 2010, I changed a detail to make it what-if: 3 jets on one side, 1 on the other (http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,28067.0.html), but my wife says now it is too big, we have not at all enough room for it, so I will decrease its size in a true invention: Boeing 7474 (high little wings, short fuselage, hump less, 1/48).
Here is the basis I will start from:

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Yeah, that Heller 747 is a LOT of plastic!

I could never have done that sawing job you did there Tophe, it would have broken my heart after all that hard work.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

And now I am using A LOT of putty, little layer by little layer, not to dissolve the plastic... :-\

TheChronicOne

Oh boy!!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The SP is going to be jealous.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Thanks!

Now sanding, then adding putty again...

Tophe

Finishing the Mustang-T model made me sand again. Almost good result from a distance, but closer, the details are still bad, so putty again... :-\

Tophe

After another putty addition than sanding again, the result was acceptable for me:

So I started painting the underside:

Tophe

Painting the side above now. The area to cover is so big, I don't do it all at once.

Tophe

Now all blue, like a "normal" fuselage...
Remaining steps: drying, gluing the wing with 3 engines, maybe gluing the 4th engine on the fuselage, colouring (black) the canopy, 1/48, and... it will be finished.

TheChronicOne

Yeah buddy!!  Time to start racking up them frequent flier miles.
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Thanks!
While... this is no more a 1/125 airliner, this is now a 1/48 single-seater (or maybe side-by-side two-seater, I will see).
No miles to win, just a smile is the goal... ;D

TheChronicOne

Oh I get it now!!!  Ha!! Even better.  :wacko: :wacko:   
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Thanks!

And now the model is finished...
Well, it is almost a normal Boeing (747): 4 jets with 2 on the port side and 2 on the starboard side, what's special? :-\ ;) ;D