Kawasaki Ki-61 IV Hien

Started by Bungle, June 08, 2018, 05:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

So while awaiting the filler to harden a little interlude.

Don't think I'll get this finished for the Group build but what to do with two Revell Hien's and n Me-609....

Going to need a lot of putty underneath

Hoping to paint the Hien Friday so may get a little more of this done rather than watching paint dry.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Bungle

Last one from Thursday night....

Sanded and awaiting a wash then hopefully some paint (and this won't be standard just an imagined scheme)

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

I am curious about the main lannding gear arrangement after the wing tranplantation?  :o

Looks pretty subtle, though, I like that.  :thumbsup:

Bungle

Well had a good crack at this Saturday night. Must admit I did think there'd be no chance of finishing but due to the wifes plans going astray I was able to get a lot done. Frustrating having to wait for things to dry before doing the next step/ Anyway it was time to add some camouflage ...

Didn't photograph the steps leading up to this due to not being ar5ed   <_<

So on with a few decals , I'm not going to do too much just a few roundels and the white tail emblem from the Revell kit (only because it stands out on the blue.

Reasonably happy with this and considering the little time I may have (Father's day here in the UK - a day of torture with family and grandkids visiting) only a bit of touching up, finishing touches and a touch of gloss and she's done.

Bungle

The other Hien is turning out to be a nightmare. This may not be finished. So much putty and to quick to sand... it was still soft. Painted black to hide all the issues. White decals decided to wrinkle. Undercarriage is a nightmare. Might meet an accident with a wall soon ! :banghead: The kit that is.

Adding the meatballs has slightly  changed my opinion.

zenrat

Quote from: Bungle on June 17, 2018, 12:55:02 AM

Did you paint the camo?  If you did then wow, that's awesome.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 17, 2018, 03:25:01 AM

Did you paint the camo?  If you did then wow, that's awesome.

My thoughts exactly.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Just realised it's a squadron mate of my recent Ki-87  ;D

Bungle

Kawasaki Ki-61 IV Hien - Finished.

Will take pictures once all is dry.

Bungle

They are decals (individual) Nightmare !

Bungle

I also managed to 'finish' the twin Hien. By finish I mean give up and just stick a few decals on it.

Ugly, horrible, poorly executed but nice idea !

Kawasaki Ki-61-II  V Hien-II

Tophe

Quote from: Bungle on June 17, 2018, 01:20:31 PM
Ugly, horrible, poorly executed
I disagree! According to me: fully wonderful! Thanks! There's a winner here! :wub: :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Quote from: Bungle on June 17, 2018, 01:09:37 PM
They are decals (individual) Nightmare !...

All those individual decals?! Almost as impressive as if they were paint.

It looks great.  Good job.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Brilliant job  :thumbsup:

I've a couple of those transfer sheets and some Italian ones and I must admit I take advantage of them not being printed as individual "squiggles".