Author Topic: Kawasaki Ki-61 IV Hien  (Read 3020 times)

Offline Bungle

• Don't call him Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa or Po
  • Targeted for assassination by JMNs
Re: Kawasaki Ki-61 IV Hien
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2018, 06:16:12 am »
I've a couple of those transfer sheets and some Italian ones and I must admit I take advantage of them not being printed as individual "squiggles".

These are the Print Scale ones so I assumed they were a single sheet. So I mocked up a template of a wing, carefully cut it out from the decal sheet and placed it in water. Turned my back and when I looked again a dish full of individual squiggles. (Please place appropriate swear word here _________ ). If you look carefully on one wing I've got a nice straight line using masking tape and a sharp knife. On the other I couldn't be bothered !

Fuselage was easier to do (larger blobs rather than squiggles - easier option) Some have overlapped but you can't tell. Tried t get a wavy line ... it sort of worked.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 07:01:35 am by Bungle »
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Online NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
Re: Kawasaki Ki-61 IV Hien
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2018, 06:08:10 am »
Ah right, thank you. The Japanese ones I got recently are print scale so I'm warned  :thumbsup:

My Italian ones are Mike Grant and I think my old Japanese ones might be Pegasus ? They are in an envelope with some German WWI lozenge and wood grain anyway.
Decals my @r$e!