"What If" F-16 Familly

Started by leptiprince, June 25, 2017, 03:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leptiprince

Chance Vought 1600 " VMA214" Mandy Boyington

F-16E " Samourai"

F-16C Block82

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Nice, I like the fin artwork of the Japanese Viper a lot and how it blends with the camouflage.  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

That XL/E looks very good indeed! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

McColm

Tophe

Nice models :thumbsup:
while... my favourite addition to the F-16 family was ElectrikBlue (now Zero-sen) asymmetric F-16

I love also the twin-fin F-16W of dogfighterzen at
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,39268.120.html
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Air21

So I have a friend who works in the Lockheed Martin composite shop, formerly a production model builder.  He found this picture of an imagined f-16 ground attack variant while cleaning out an actual display at the Fort Worth, Texas plant.

DogfighterZen

:o Wow... but ground attack? That looks more like a space fighter to me! But cool anyway, thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

seadude

Ground attack?!  :o  :o  :o Somebody seriously needs to make that into a model. I would love to see that!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.

DogfighterZen

Somehow it looks to me like you'd need both a 1/48 and a 1/72 F-16 for that, the intake/bottom fuselage looks smaller than normal.

zenrat

I like it but for some reason its shouting "Luft '46" at me.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Air21

Notice it says the gun is a GAU-8... Falhog? Warcon? Thunder Falcon?

Snowtrooper

Probably they had to move the cockpit back to have some semblance of CoG after putting the GAU in the nose. Downward visibility, who needs that in a ground attack bird, and aren't landings automated anyway? :rolleyes:

Still the coolest variant of F-16 ever. :thumbsup: