My first whiff - F-16W - FINISHED!!

Started by DogfighterZen, August 23, 2014, 09:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Tophe on November 14, 2016, 08:48:04 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on November 12, 2016, 08:36:42 AM
and finally, my precious... :wub:
Oh yes, so precious, I love her even more than diamonds... :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:

Thank you, my friend! It makes me very happy to know my modelling mates like what i consider to be my best achievement in modelling.  :thumbsup:
In further news regarding this model, i've found out today that it's been chosen by the Admins of a Portuguese modelling group on Facebook as the cover photo for the page, they just asked me to try to get a better pic of it, which i will try to do tomorrow. :thumbsup:

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

That's an honor!!  Hell yeah... congrats! 
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Thanks! It is an honor, there are a lot of great builds posted there everyday, and they go and choose my Whif!!  :thumbsup::drink:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Can't beat it with a stick, hombre!  :D
-Sprues McDuck-

Texbolt89

Very good job! PS: this F-16W sure sounds similar to what Ling-Temco-Vought proposed to do with the Viper for carrier capability... Also, showed this plane to my less-modeling/more-gaming inclined younger brother, he immediately pointed me to this video game aircraft: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/gtawiki/images/5/56/P996LAZER-GTAV-front.png/revision/latest?cb=20150724190806 I think yours is more realistic, though...
My First Kit: Revell 1/32 Curtiss P-40 Warhawk, built when I was 9, it was made to look like the rather unlucky fighter John Carroll promptly crashes into some trees in "Flying Tigers."

Hey, what do a British rock band & owls have in common?

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Texbolt89 on December 06, 2016, 08:34:19 AM
Very good job! PS: this F-16W sure sounds similar to what Ling-Temco-Vought proposed to do with the Viper for carrier capability... Also, showed this plane to my less-modeling/more-gaming inclined younger brother, he immediately pointed me to this video game aircraft: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/gtawiki/images/5/56/P996LAZER-GTAV-front.png/revision/latest?cb=20150724190806 I think yours is more realistic, though...

Thank you my friend! :thumbsup:
Regarding the LTV Viper, i imagine that the F-16W's nose landing gear would be very much like the A-7's nose gear, which was very much like the one shown on the concept drawings of the V-1600/1601/1602 designs, but none of those had the twin tails. Those were something i had in mind for a long time, i've always wanted to see what a twin tail F-16 would look like, so when i got back into modelling it was one of the first mods i wanted to do on it.
The DSI and F-22 wings came after that. These were my main references:

Earlier this year, only a few months after i finished this model, i joined the "Greatest planes that never were" group on Facebook and posted a few pics of it there. Someone commented on how it looked similar to a jet fighter you could steal and fly on the GTA game so i looked it up and indeed it is very much like my model. I was never much of a gamer so i wasn't aware of the Lazer but it looks nice, i just don't like that split intake.

TheChronicOne

I'll see the double tail and raise one with NO tail (just learned of this two days ago as I was browsing Wings Palette):

No credit given but here's where I found the pics:
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/advanced-super-hornet-demonstrates-significant-stealth-range-improvements.268548/page-4

I love me some Fighting Falcons but that thing...... I don't know!  :o
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Yeah, seen that one before and i feel the same way as you... might look cool with a couple of tails, though... ;D

DogfighterZen

Ok, PhotoBucket decided to extort people to provide 3rd party image hosting so, i've just uploaded the finished build pics on Imgur... For anyone who hasn't seen it before, here it is...

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who voted for this on the Whiffies, it's the complete reward for the 2 years it took me to finish this build. I was more than happy with how it came out and, although i never thought it would win anything with such excellent work nominated, that prize is the cherry on top of the cake!
THANK YOU ALL, for your inspirational work, motivating words and for just being who you guys are, makes it worth every second on this forum!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

AXU

DogfighterZen

TheChronicOne

So now that you've won a whiffie, what's your next move?    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

darthspud2

That's more a Cobra on steroids than a viper, I like it! :thumbsup:
I think I'm gonna need a bigger display cabinet!!