Sea Hawk Rhinoplasty

Started by Glenn Gilbertson, April 04, 2015, 04:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Looks very good!

I only have the (personal) impression that the fin is somewhat small, or the tail could take a little extension? Looks somewhat nose-heavy?

Glenn Gilbertson

Haven't gone away - Day-glo seemed like such a good idea. Six coats later .... [/URL]][/img]

Take your point on the nose, Dizzyfugu - but the British answer in those days would have been to bung some lead in the back if necessary!
Does anybody know the comparative weights of an MB ejector seat vs 4x 20mm cannon?

JayBee

Absolutely right about the 'British' answer to the problem.
This is looking so good.
I do confess that I have ideas for a two seat Seahawk, but mine, if I ever get around to building it will be tandem.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

KiwiZac

Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Supertom

I was wondering why it looked so familar to me, then I realized that it resembles a stretched out version of the Saab 105! Neat!
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Glenn Gilbertson

Thanks to everybody who has given encouragement - I hope that you like the result.

[/URL]][/img]
[/URL]][/img]
[/URL]][/img]

The Gannet trainer was delivered to Germany in the then-current standard British training scheme, so I decided to stick with High- speed Silver (Humbrol 11) and fluorescent Fire Orange, but assumed that drop-tanks would have been standard in Sky.

Not the greatest model in the world, but it has been fun. The one-week build was just what i needed to focus and get something finished - thanks for organising, Narses.

It will be interesting to see the other interpretations of a Sea Hawk trainer in the future.

Dizzyfugu

Lovely! :bow:  Still looks odd, but the idea is lovely and the lines blend surprisingly well. Love the drop tanks in Sky, nice contrast.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Supertom on April 10, 2015, 08:13:13 AM
I was wondering why it looked so familar to me, then I realized that it resembles a stretched out version of the Saab 105! Neat!

It was bothering me as well and now I've just gone "of course ! That's it"

Looking really good Glen  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Terrific idea, and so obviously 'Hawker' too.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

That definitely came together very well and the end result shows it   :thumbsup:  well done!
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Very nice ! Looks so different, yet so familiar ! Love the look of this one. It's another of those aeroplanes I'd like to have to 'fly' around the room. Love the colours and markings as well. Great stuff !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

That looks excellent - well done!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

rickshaw

Very nicely done.  Looks the part!   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Glenn Gilbertson

Thanks for all the kind words.

Now I think about it, it looks a bit like the Morane Saulnier MS 760 Paris  - so who will come up with a four seat Sea Hawk?
[/URL]][/img]

[/URL][/img]

[/URL]][/img]

Nick

Nice work!  :thumbsup:
The shape reminds me of the Polish Iskra. How did you find the Fire Orange paint, did it go on easy or was it lumpy and streaky like mine?