Steel Penguins braying

Started by Steel Penguin, June 22, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

Thanks Kit, if its a known issue, I can cope, I just have to improve my game.   the Ali ts sound very useful, I will have to have a think, and see if I cad duplicate them on the cheap, possibly without the double sided tape  :banghead:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

I've used R/C servo mounting pads in the past, Aeroclub's prices for the double-sided were a tad pricey for me.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: Steel Penguin on January 22, 2018, 11:05:44 AM
Thanks Kit, if its a known issue, I can cope, I just have to improve my game.   the Ali ts sound very useful, I will have to have a think, and see if I cad duplicate them on the cheap, possibly without the double sided tape  :banghead:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 22, 2018, 12:17:00 PM
I've used R/C servo mounting pads in the past, Aeroclub's prices for the double-sided were a tad pricey for me.

Have a look at the local DIY or office supply store for something similar to Scotch-brand indoor mounting tape.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

After a fair old rummage yesterday I found some "Vacform Modelling - a new approach" by John Adams that I downloaded eons ago, it will eventually help me with my vacform Vickers Windsor...well maybe  :angel:

No longer available direct, but it's on Brit Modeller  :thumbsup:  Hope it's of use

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234983394-vacform-modelling-tips/

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 23, 2018, 06:28:46 AM
After a fair old rummage yesterday I found some "Vacform Modelling - a new approach" by John Adams that I downloaded eons ago, it will eventually help me with my vacform Vickers Windsor...well maybe  :angel:

No longer available direct, but it's on Brit Modeller  :thumbsup:  Hope it's of use

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234983394-vacform-modelling-tips/

That's a real tour de force on vacform modelling, written by a master of the art!

John mentions his 'Tee-Al' stuff in there too, I spelt it phonetically of course.  :banghead: :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Have a look at my mini-teach-in on vacform sanding Lawrence. It's embedded in my Welkin III build thread here :-

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,44811.new.html#new

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

:thumbsup:  thank you Kit,  it seems im doing fairly right and correct,  if cutting the collar round the parts a little large.
I just have to be careful, or my arms feel like there going to drop off  ;D
I am progressing, although  slowly,  but most importantly, im having fun doing it. 
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

Rheged

Quote from: Steel Penguin on January 31, 2018, 10:41:42 AM
:thumbsup:  thank you Kit,  it seems im doing fairly right and correct,  if cutting the collar round the parts a little large.
I just have to be careful, or my arms feel like there going to drop off  ;D
I am progressing, although  slowly,  but most importantly, im having fun doing it.

.........which is, after all, the whole purpose of the exercise!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Steel Penguin

as I have said frequently
"if it aint fun. I ant doing it!!"

the day this hobby stops being fun, I need to seriously sit down and look at what im doing.
and probably find another hobby.

but at the mo, its fun so  onward!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on January 31, 2018, 10:41:42 AM

You, together with Kit's "how to" are also encouraging me to have a crack at one of mine  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

its a rare moment I can be held up as a good example   :o

but please join us, the worst that can happen is mutual commiserations at a future show  ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Steel Penguin on February 01, 2018, 10:39:22 AM

......the worst that can happen is mutual commiserations at a future show  ;D

Been there, done that............

'Have you finished that '213253;lrtyjo45i' yet?

'You HAVE TO BE JOKING! It's a load of rubbish, I sanded off so much of it that there was nothing left to build!'  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

ive managed to free another wing surface from the primordial plastic  :thumbsup:  im feeling rather pleased.   it sits very well dry fitting against the other ive done, so the will be glued a little later  ;D

and I got a big multi pack of wet and dry yesterday, so ive not got one sheet of fine

Steel Penguin

in between animae  and more sanding ( all wing parts now free one wing assembled and puttied, one just gluing) I have been busy plotting and visiting
plotting, I have a ticket for  https://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/cosford/whats-going-on/events/free-airfix-talk-the-v-bombers-and-airfix-ki/       airfix doing a talk at cosford, I intend to make notes, and ask questions,  1:48 stuff,  especially vehicles, and why no crew in the op Herrick helos?  :wacko:
and visiting http://www.wolverhamptonart.org.uk/whats-on/tv-puppets-icons-80-years-entertainment/    they have a Lady P, and parker, captain grey, fozzie bear, in one section, and a load of the smallfilms characters in the other, including Bagpuss, the mice ( and mouse organ) Clangers, the soup dragon, and some of the Ivor the engine art and parts.   :thumbsup:

Steel Penguin

Back from Cosi.
I must do a TSR-2 in a JASDF  scheme either one of the modern blue / grey ones.  Or something like the computer game scheme with a giant character across the wing tops and tail ( similar to the cobra helo gunships from this link (   https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&biw=1822&bih=1012&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=hYSNWumjHdCtgAbchbbwCA&q=4th+anti+tank+helicopter&oq=4th+anti+tank+helicopter&gs_l=psy-ab.3...3657.12563.0.12898.20.18.2.0.0.0.138.1488.13j5.18.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.8.713...0i24k1.0.XrVnVmZgpmU     )

also got some more photos for when I do my EAP kit, but I still want to do it in green aero primer  :banghead: