Started by PR19_Kit, January 28, 2018, 04:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 10, 2018, 07:50:27 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 10, 2018, 07:37:13 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 04, 2018, 10:11:25 PM
Quote from: Weaver on February 04, 2018, 09:19:55 PM
Well you've certainly taken something on here!  :o

What are you going to do with the pair of MB.5's you've pruned?

That's a very valid question, and it seems some parts of them will be heading west to Canada.

I did think of adding an ex-Sea Fury Centaurus to one to see what it looked like.  ;)

A Matchbox one from their Tempest II is a far better fit.  Ask me how I know... ;D

I haven't seen an M'box Tempest II for AGES. That's the one with the Indian Air Force 'Wheel' roundel, isn't it?

And if you want a Centaurus from it Kit ------  ;)  But as I'm adding a Sabre VIII meant for one of my Sabre Hawker Fury's, I'd say the Sea Fury would work fine (and ask me how I know  ;) )
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Nice job on those nacelles !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Actually, looking at it in the cruel light of day, it still needs some more attention, but at least it proved that the concept is viable.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

After a few traumatic months I started to look at this one again, mainly because I'll be doing some vacform work for another project before much longer.

I ought to get back on the Welkin III, it's a fascinating looking device, and it'll have HUGE wings!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

And after two YEARS of doing nothing it's about time I got on with the Welkin III!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I'm not sure quite why I thought of this project, but it came to mind this morning and I've just re-read my own thread. I do go on a bit, don't I? :(

Anyway, I'm headed home for a short while on Monday and I'll collect the Welkin III project to bring back with me, as there doesn't seem any sign of the lockdown actually being cancelled in the near (or even medium...) future.

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sideshowbob9

As a big fan of the Welkin, please do continue!