Author Topic: Fokker T.V. (Early)  (Read 6685 times)

Offline Tophe

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
    • my what-if models
Re: Fokker T.V. (Early)
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2021, 07:14:49 am »
No problem, we will wait the completion ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2021, 07:33:06 am »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Decals my @r$e!

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2021, 06:11:37 am »
Made some progress with this, hopefully sort the undercarriage out in the coming week
Decals my @r$e!

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2021, 06:20:17 am »
Picked this up again after a rather long hiatus and realised I'd already masked the nose and tail glazing, I had the Peewit masks, so that was a bonus. A second bonus was to find the glazing fitted relatively well. It was the thought of this that had put me off working on it if I'm honest.

So nose and tail glazing can go on at the end of the build and I'll live with any mismatches - life's to short  :angel: Should start to make progress with this one now.
Decals my @r$e!

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2021, 06:44:06 am »
Bit of a  :banghead: moment with this yesterday. I'd finally got around to painting the nose and tail glazing framing, but when I took the masks off it was nowhere as good as I could have hoped for. Probably my fault for leaving the masks on to long before painting commenced as I had no problems with the main canopy or any of the other glazing which I did eons ago immediately after applying the masks. Had more of a problem with the Hataka upper surface colours than the Xtracrylic under surfaces, but this may be down to the Hataka colours being from their airbrush ready "Red" range as they don't do the Dutch colours in their Blue range and thus being a lot thinner than I would normally use.

However conversely when it came to attacking the errant paint with a cocktail stick the Hataka cleaned up far more easily than the Xtracrylic and things weren't as bad as they first looked. Result is they are now ready for some re-masking and touching up of some frames, another coat of Klear and then they can be attached.

I'm aiming to finish this kit this year, but with the festivities almost upon us we shall see.
Decals my @r$e!

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2021, 05:58:04 am »
Spent some time rescuing the nose and tail glazing and I think they can be fitted, with their guns, during the coming week. Also got the undercarriage bay doors fitted so we are slowly getting there.
Decals my @r$e!

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: Yesterday at 06:18:03 am »
Nose and tail glazing fitted, and it will do for Government work. Very nearly there now. Hope to finish it next week, after that Christmas starts closing in.
Decals my @r$e!

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: Today at 06:32:39 am »
Spoke to soon, hit a bit of a problem yesterday.

I had a couple of small transparencies left to fit and whilst doing so one fell inside the fuselage.  :-X I managed to get it out, not sure how and guess what ? it fell in again.  :banghead: I actually managed to repeat this feat on four separate occasions and after it fell in for the fifth time I decided that was where it was destined to be and left it.

As I'm portraying the aircraft as a "third hand" hand me down the backstory will simply say that the new operators simply plated over the two windows as it was getting drafty inside.  :angel:
Decals my @r$e!

Offline loupgarou

« Reply #98 on: Today at 12:48:43 pm »
Spoke to soon, hit a bit of a problem yesterday.

I had a couple of small transparencies left to fit and whilst doing so one fell inside the fuselage.  :-X I managed to get it out, not sure how and guess what ? it fell in again.  :banghead: I actually managed to repeat this feat on four separate occasions and after it fell in for the fifth time I decided that was where it was destined to be and left it.

As I'm portraying the aircraft as a "third hand" hand me down the backstory will simply say that the new operators simply plated over the two windows as it was getting drafty inside.  :angel:

Yeees! That's the best solution in such cases. :thumbsup:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.