1:6 Rei Ayanami in Plugsuit [Neon Genesis Evangelion dojinshi/同人誌/what-if]

Started by Dizzyfugu, April 28, 2024, 02:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

It is resin, but so far it does not react with the material. Good news, though: the tacky paint is slowly coming off, I hope that the parts are clear again this evening. The small hair clips are already through, but the arms require more time.

Dizzyfugu

Some more news: in the meantime the anime eyes decal sheet has arrived, and thanks toa wide range of sizes and shapes there should be something useful for this whiffy Rei.

Neon Genesis Evangelion +++ 1:6 Rei Ayanami in Plugsuit [what-if/dojinshi/同人誌/based on A.I. generated artwork] - WiP
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Also updated previous posts with pics.

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 04, 2024, 02:03:22 AMPaint problems persist. The shoddy coat of paint is more persistent than expected, so that I pulled out the ultimate measure: brake fluid. I hope that this stuff does the job...  :-\

Looks like a VERY strange Aperol cocktail...  ;D

Neon Genesis Evangelion +++ 1:6 Rei Ayanami in Plugsuit [what-if/dojinshi/同人誌/based on A.I. generated artwork] - WiP
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

A cocktail for Halloween perhaps?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Steel Penguin

considering thats rather close to LCL orange it does look rather like the post 3rd impact fate of all humanity ( when they all get "tanged" due to Shinji  losing what little remains of his sanity)   :unsure:  :banghead:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Dizzyfugu

More good news: the brake fluid bath did its work, and it did not react with the resin. Some detail cleaning is still requited, but the arms look good (again).

In the meantime I worked further on the face and the yes, eager to try out the decals. I found a pair of red eyes that were wide enough, but these had to be trimmed down in height to fit into the almond-shaped eye sockets - which do not look like the "real" Rei Ayanami at all, just like the MUCH too thick and prominent lips. Normally, there should only be a a thin mouth line. I initially tried to paint the lips in a dull red, and while this "worked" I found the result to look far off of the character, and I eventually overpainted them with a much lighter tone - a compromise, because I did not want to physically change the lips and the face, which would lead to certain doom, esp. after the skin had already been painted.

The decals also worked better than expected, with rather robust carrier films that turned out to be quite flexible (much like old Matchbox decals); I just separated the brows from the rest of the eyes, cut away their lower ends to match the figure's eye shape and did some additional details with paint, including red and white highlights/light reflexes, black pupils and some white extensions in the corners to make the decal fit better. Some black was furthermore used to add a thin line under each eye and to simulate some light lashes. Some pics with dry-fitted hair - after the face is complete and coated with matt varnish the "hair helmet" will be mounted and PSRed, which will be another delicate task.

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Those eye decals are quite scary  :unsure:

Nonetheless the figures face has come out really well  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 07, 2024, 05:57:54 AMThose eye decals are quite scary  :unsure:

Nonetheless the figures face has come out really well  :thumbsup:

Thank you. The problem really is that the face does not represent the original character at all. So, I am now really curious how the package looks like once it has been finished...  :rolleyes:

Dizzyfugu

Not much new here, because distractions keep coming in. Beyond the job issue I just received notice that a friend is in hospital, with 'a shadow 2x3" in size above one kidney'. That does not sound good, tomorrow's an MRT, hopefully things become more concrete then.

Finished the face with a coat of matt varnish, re-primed the arms, and added a first coat of RAL 9002 (a very light grey) over everything.

Dizzyfugu

A few new pics to share. First, primer coat 2.0...

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

In parallel: the "hair helmet", with the face under cover. The seam between the front and rear hair section was surprisingly easy to hide/PSR away, so that the wig could also already be painted in pale blue, with some darker streak, and it may receive some lighter highlights, too.

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Work on the main body and the arms also started, and this will become quite tricky because the figure's hardware does not 100% correspond to the inspiring AI graphic, and many areas have to be guessed or improvised. For instance, I decided to wrap the mid-blue flanks around the back. Some colors are uncertain, too, so that the paint scheme will evolve slowly.

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 10, 2024, 06:06:45 AMBest of luck to your friend Dizzy

Thanks a lot, and there are good news: It's not tumor or something equally severe, "only" a bleeding cyst that put pressure on a kidney and also blocked urine flow. Still painful, but less dramatic than feared! Phew! And still unnerving...

In the menatime, painting made some progress. Things become colorful!

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Wardukw

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 11, 2024, 08:12:38 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 10, 2024, 06:06:45 AMBest of luck to your friend Dizzy

Thanks a lot, and there are good news: It's not tumor or something equally severe, "only" a bleeding cyst that put pressure on a kidney and also blocked urine flow. Still painful, but less dramatic than feared! Phew! And still unnerving...

Yeah still unnerving Diz but least not a very nasty problem..just a painfully unnerving one ..also very fixable.
Glad to hear it wasn't vrty serious bud 👍 😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2