South Downs Model Show Saturday 4th May

Started by NARSES2, April 21, 2024, 01:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Thanks for the photos Dave  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Nick on May 06, 2024, 06:35:57 AMLooks like a good little show. Will have to try and get there next time.

It is a good show Nick. Decent venue, well organised by the hosts, nice balance between club stands and traders  :thumbsup:  Nice part of the world as well, when the weathers even half decent, which it was.

Mind you I do have to get a couple of "sticky labels" printed and ready for next year  ;)  :angel: 
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Here are the pics i took on my phone for good measure (Some one is bound to ask, so click on the word Here, as that is the link)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Gondor

Quote from: Martin H on May 06, 2024, 11:35:06 AMHere are the pics i took on my phone for good measure (Some one is bound to ask, so click on the word Here, as that is the link)

Can't find the album for this show Martin
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Martin H

Quote from: Gondor on May 06, 2024, 01:08:25 PM
Quote from: Martin H on May 06, 2024, 11:35:06 AMHere are the pics i took on my phone for good measure (Some one is bound to ask, so click on the word Here, as that is the link)

Can't find the album for this show Martin
https://imageshack.com/a/UQk17/1 try that
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Accidental Loggie

Converte et subvertere

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Glenn Gilbertson

Well done - glad you had a good time, & thanks for sharing the photos. :thumbsup:

comrade harps

That lot would have spun a few people out.
Whatever.

Gondor

Much better thanks Martin, nice to see the Fairly Project 75 is still in one piece too  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

McColm

Looks like you had a great time, the Javelin was a gateguard at the former RAF Stanmore Park transit base which is now a housing estate.

NARSES2

Cheers Martin  :thumbsup:

No photos from me I'm afraid, I was having problems holding a cup of coffee still, let alone a light weight phone camera  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: McColm on May 06, 2024, 10:26:15 PMLooks like you had a great time, the Javelin was a gateguard at the former RAF Stanmore Park transit base which is now a housing estate.

There's no Javelin there, matey!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

63cpe

Very nice display. Love the seamew and the silver, spatted Gloster kinda model. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

David aka 63CPE

McColm

Quote from: kitbasher on May 07, 2024, 11:50:51 AM
Quote from: McColm on May 06, 2024, 10:26:15 PMLooks like you had a great time, the Javelin was a gateguard at the former RAF Stanmore Park transit base which is now a housing estate.

They moved it before they flattened the base.

Gondor

Quote from: McColm on May 11, 2024, 07:05:43 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on May 07, 2024, 11:50:51 AM

They moved it before they flattened the base.

I don't know if you are looking at the pictures of the display at the show or not, but that is what everyone else is talking about. No Javelin, but there is an Avro Arrow which is delta shaped.

Gondor